Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt or no?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charmcitycop View Post
    Splintered A = Anchor Harvey Aluminum Forging. Used by a couple different mfgrs. If there isn't a C in a square or a triangle forward of the ejection port it probably isn't a Colt upper.
    Well that sucks. So somebody took a random A1 upper and put a Colt barrel and other parts in it? Kinda retarded.
    Custom PCS German build MP5 clone. The best period.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Feedback Score

Re: Colt or no?

Why is it retarded? Maybe you should do your research first...then buy.
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

"I don't think so" - Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Litpipe View Post
    Why is it retarded? Maybe you should do your research first...then buy.
    Well considering I paid $400 with a semi bcg and just bought it two weeks ago, who gives a shit who made it? I was hoping it was Colt but hell even the crappy uppers are going for more than that now. I sold the bcg for $175 so basically I got a complete upper for $225.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Feedback Score
    The small forward assist and brass deflector are newer than the examples on my A1; what exactly do you want to make of it?
    Do you have a lower?

Personally, I'm a pencil barrel fan.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    Yes. I have a couple of lowers. I'm just going to make a 20" rifle out of it. I figured why not. Might as well use it. I believe this to be a pencil barrel as well. Definitely not an HBAR.

Tool

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by fordemti View Post
    Well that sucks. So somebody took a random A1 upper and put a Colt barrel and other parts in it? Kinda retarded.
    This quote makes me think you bought it thinking you found a Colt upper. Then you came here to confirm it. Random upper and Colt barrel = retarded to you. Others may think otherwise.
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Litpipe View Post
    This quote makes me think you bought it thinking you found a Colt upper. Then you came here to confirm it. Random upper and Colt barrel = retarded to you. Others may think otherwise.
    Well I just find it odd why you'd spend money on a Colt barrel and front end basically to put it on a non-colt upper. But like is said, I'll use it.

Tool

Feedback Score

Not to argue the point...or take this thread sideways...but what does it matter?

Does the upper make a difference in accuracy? Or does the barrel make accuracy? Anyway you parted it out. Good job on making some coin.
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

Feedback Score
    You have a point. The barrel is where the accuracy is. I'm keeping this upper and I've already slapped it on a PSA lower with A2 stock. Looks good and even though it doesn't handle as quickly as my M4, it feels really good in the hands.

Tool

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by charmcitycop; 09-21-13 at 15:57. Reason: ......

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast