Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Colt or no?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charmcitycop View Post
    What's odd is I've seen this exact configuration before. Colt A1 barrel, AH C7 type upper, and no name semi BCG. Friend bought it off the web thinking it was a Colt M16A1 upper (that is what it was represented as). I wonder if somebody put a bunch of these together a while back.
    Huh. Weird. Maybe. It'd be great if we had more info on these.
    Custom PCS German build MP5 clone. The best period.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Feedback Score
    I would be more interested in trying to get some history on the barrel. The upper is minor. Granted it was machined to spec, it's actually a nice upper.

Feedback Score
    As far as I can tell, the barrel is actual Colt. It's stamped C MP Chrome Bore. So I Think it's real.
    Custom PCS German build MP5 clone. The best period.

"There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?"
    Tool

Feedback Score
    Ya, it appears to be. I was referring to its history as opposed to its authenticity. Seeing as it was sold as a complete colt upper when in fact youre now finding out both the BCG and upper are actually not. I would be weary of the "bought in the 70's and never fired" line he told you.

Feedback Score
    The fact that there is a brass deflector tells me this isn't a A1 nor from the 70s. This is a late 80s variant...IMHO.

Dave

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtT11B View Post
    The fact that there is a brass deflector tells me this isn't a A1 nor from the 70s. This is a late 80s variant...IMHO.

Dave
    Yeah, my SP1 upper was made in '82 IIRC, and it is a slick side.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtT11B View Post

Dave
    It's an A1E1 upper.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Post has been inert for awhile, but info is always good I guess.

I bought a C7 type upper direct from Bushmaster with the splintered A forge mark around 2000 give or take a year. I had to request the round forward assist due to Bushmaster using a tear drop type as standard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB1 View Post
    I bought a C7 type upper direct from Bushmaster with the splintered A forge mark around 2000 give or take a year.
    Lots of manufacturers use Anchor Harvey forgings for uppers -- including Colt.

Unfortunately, it is impossible to tell the quality of the upper based on simply who forged the blank that it was made from.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That receiver is not colt. It is a generic c7 style upper that bushmaster and others sell. It was made in the past 10 years.

Uppers from the 1970s aren't black. They are gray.

The seller is lying about when he had the upper.

That upper is typical put together junk that floats around on the Internet.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast