Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Rem 700 SPS tac

Feedback Score
    Fairly decent cheap stock. Way better than factory, just make sure you get it bedded.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Count View Post
    The worst part is that Hogue makes an over-mold stock with an aluminum bedding block. It wouldn't be ideal, but by God you could shoot off a bipod with it. Why the hell Remington opt to sell the pillared version instead is beyond me. Especially when the prices are about $30 different.

TC
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    I saw the aluminum spine stock when I was looking around to see what I could sell my factory stock for.

Last night I had the rifle sitting on the bipod and was amazed how much you can flex the stock by pushing on the muzzle without lifting the bipod off the table. Maybe I will make a video of it.

I am on a business trip right now so it is living with me in a hotel. Pretty boring
    Last edited by fury413rb; 01-24-13 at 06:59.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The worst part is that Hogue makes an over-mold stock with an aluminum bedding block. It wouldn't be ideal, but by God you could shoot off a bipod with it. Why the hell Remington opt to sell the pillared version instead is beyond me. Especially when the prices are about $30 different.

TC
    Because the majority of their customer base in the $500 bolt gun market isn't dialed in.

Shit. A guy I know is thrilled with his Hogue and Xmark trigger. One of those... why waste my breath scenarios.

$30 per unit to the bottom line is probably the right business choice.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good point, Mark. If 75% don't know any better, and 25% just buy it for the action it doesn't make sense to fork out the extra money.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just picked up an SPS Tactical in .308 myself. The stock is definitely pretty weak. Still waiting on my scope (SWFA SS Milrad 10x42) to be able to go shoot it. I saw a ? "Bubba fix" for the stock hitting the barrel by shimming the area just in front of the front action screw. They used 3 shims made from an aluminum beverage can. I did it to see what if any difference it would make and it definitely seems to help keep the forend from touching the barrel, especially when on a bipod. Haven't shot it like this as I don't know if it would cause issues. Is it safe for the gun to do this? Just as temp fix while saving funds for a new stock.

Feedback Score
    Good point, Mark. If 75% don't know any better, and 25% just buy it for the action it doesn't make sense to fork out the extra money.
    I can see that I suppose. I guess more of a question would be why does Hogue make such a flexible stock?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fury413rb View Post
    I can see that I suppose. I guess more of a question would be why does Hogue make such a flexible stock?
    They specialize in rubber stuff.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    How about the XLR Industries tactical style stocks, are those worth the money. According to the website, they don't need to be bedded, I like the options that come with it. They also come set up with a magazine style feed which was another area I wanted upgraded. Once I did the math between the magazine feed, cost of bedding and a new stock, the cost seems like a great deal.

Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    Had it at the range. Left the harris on it but tossed on the cheap Bushnell 10x 3200 I had on a beater Marlin .270 for my kid brother to drag around. I also put a weaver 20moa rail/base on it.

Well the stock did exactly what everyone said it would do I think. Two rounds out of nowhere at 300 yards.

Handload with 168 Nosler HPBT. It wont be going out again without a new stock.

Just a little cold.

end result

getting it on the paper
    Last edited by fury413rb; 02-03-13 at 23:12.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast