Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Land in Alabama

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    And yes, Ohio's colder then cold. I come up 5 or 6 times a year. Sucks.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Keep mineral rights if you don't need a quick buck.
    Depending on the type of mineral this can be really important.

Where I am from, clay is the mineral of choice. (A lot of that red clay you see on Major League fields and most red bricks comes from my area)

Having a company exercise their right to your minerals can really ruin your property for generations to come. Strip mining clay is a nasty ugly business.

Although abandoned pits make great lakes (whether you want them to or not) and good shooting.

If you decide you want to move to West TN instead, I have 200 acres of West TN land I have for sale right now. (Only 15 min from Wal-mart, very important feature down here.)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Re: Looking for Land in Alabama

I live in north Alabama, Madison County. I have lived in the area off and on my whole life, father retired Army and then ex-Army myself. You really aren't going to find anything cheap. You may get lucky every once in a while but that is few and far between. But the way cities in north Alabama are expanding it is getting harder.

I have been looking, too. I have quite a few friends that are in commercial and industrial real estate that let me know if they come up on anything but it is not really their expertise. They have found some but they have been a little rich for my blood. I have expanded my search to lower Tennessee and western Georgia too.

I will let you know if I hear of anymore. Of course only after I decide I am not interested in anymore. But don't worry I am really picky and it would have to be a heck of a deal, as I have a wedding coming up this year and planning to try to start having kids shortly after so I am trying to save money for all that.

There was a guy at my work selling some land. I forgot the details and why I wasn't interested in it but I will look into that first.

HK

Typos and mistakes brought to you by my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    HK

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skydivr View Post
    There's lots of nice property in North Alabama. Good luck you'll like it there.
    Ya, I have seen some really nice land for sale.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    That's not bad. Check into things like cost to have power ran to the property if there is none, well drilling, septic installation, etc. Small expenses in the grand scheme, but worth taking a look at. SC land can be had about that cheap if you move to a very unpopulated area. Since a lot of your business is online, employment may not be a concern. You planning on moving or just acquiring land?
    I don't plan on building a house any time soon (or moving). Maybe a cabin at best. The land will mostly be used as a Range to host and teach classes during the winter months.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 01-23-13 at 09:39.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I can point you to 130 acres with a stocked 3.5 acre pond for $4500 an acre, in Lee County.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfkorean View Post
    I live in north Alabama, Madison County. I have lived in the area off and on my whole life, father retired Army and then ex-Army myself. You really aren't going to find anything cheap. You may get lucky every once in a while but that is few and far between. But the way cities in north Alabama are expanding it is getting harder.

I have been looking, too. I have quite a few friends that are in commercial and industrial real estate that let me know if they come up on anything but it is not really their expertise. They have found some but they have been a little rich for my blood. I have expanded my search to lower Tennessee and western Georgia too.

I will let you know if I hear of anymore. Of course only after I decide I am not interested in anymore. But don't worry I am really picky and it would have to be a heck of a deal, as I have a wedding coming up this year and planning to try to start having kids shortly after so I am trying to save money for all that.

There was a guy at my work selling some land. I forgot the details and why I wasn't interested in it but I will look into that first.

HK

Thanks. What is the definition of "pricey?"

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I can point you to 130 acres with a stocked 3.5 acre pond for $4500 an acre, in Lee County.
    $4,500 an acre is what I would classify as expensive.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfkorean View Post

HK

I also live in Madison County, and I've been also looking on and off for the last 5 years .

Either too much, too far away from home, and too difficult to access for me....but then I'm picky also.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yeah, me too thats why I am not interested, the stocked pond and mature pines are what does it.

I also found a sizable piece for 2.5k p/a but Im looking at that ;D.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast