Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually use their SBR for regular home defense?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Does anyone actually use their SBR for regular home defense?

The reason I ask is I would hate to have a $3,000 SBR be taken away into evidence, abused by the collecting officer/lab tester and then sit in a locker for months to years as the trial progresses. I love the idea of using a 9” 300 blackout with a suppressor for home defense, but leaning towards using my 16” unsuppressed or 12 gauge/handgun for home defense.
    Replacing a $600.00 handgun or shotgun is easier to stomach than waiting another 6+ months to get another SBR stamp.

Thoughts?
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    I use mine, it stays beside my bed every night. If I didn't use it, what would be the point of having it anyways(hunting, I think not).

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A rifle is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Use the best tool you have, for the most important job you have.
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Why anyone wouldn't use the absolute best weapon system they have on hand for defensive purposes is beyond me.

It's setup as a defensive weapon, so why not use it as one.

Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post

The reason I ask is I would hate to have a $3,000 SBR be taken away into evidence, abused by the collecting officer/lab tester and then sit in a locker for months to years as the trial progresses. I love the idea of using a 9” 300 blackout with a suppressor for home defense, but leaning towards using my 16” unsuppressed or 12 gauge/handgun for home defense.
    Replacing a $600.00 handgun or shotgun is easier to stomach than waiting another 6+ months to get another SBR stamp.

Thoughts?

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Yes. For all the reasons above. I assembled the bet SBR parts I could afford -it stays in the bedroom.

SBR with DD mk18 upper. VLTOR A5 Buffer & stock, Geisselle SSA trigger, BCM Gunfighter pistol grip and charging handle, BCM bolt carrier, Aimpoint H1 left turned on, spare battery in mount and in stock, Troy backup iron sights, front sight is tritium, Surefire X300 Ultra light, LPK was from G&R Tactical, Brownells mag with Mk318 ammo, earpro kept inside pistol grip .

I keep these four guns in the bedroom. .410 is the wife's.

Barrel taped with blue masking tape to keep debris and bugs like spiders out of the barrel.

Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 01-23-13 at 22:11.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    Yes, and also in my CV.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post

Thoughts?
    If you have survived a confrontation in your home that justified the use of such a gun, there are larger issues than the value of the gun held in any evidentiary process.

Your concern also assumes that the incredible statistical unlikelihood of 1) actually using the firearm, and 2) actually having a lengthy legal process to follow, has happened.

You might also think better of those that will collect and handle your gun. Having spent more than a little time in labs and evidence holds, you might be surprised at the amount of care and accountability such items get.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-23-13 at 22:26.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    If you have an intruder in your house your in a very bad situation; therefore one has to weigh the well being of yourself and/or your family against the inability to use your sbr for several years.

I hope there are not m...any of you who would rather choose the later.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Yes. And if you use the search button you will see this topic was addressed several times.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast