Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Does anyone actually use their SBR for regular home defense?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Keep this in mind...

All shootings will be investigated.
    Most will be advanced to a prosecutorial review process of some sort.
    Every shooting in AZ, even Police shootings, go to this level.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    That guy that smoked the dude a few weeks back in Phoenix when he was attempting to enter the kids window wasn't charged as far as I know. I believe that they didn't even arrest him. He was questioned on scene and allowed to couch it as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Every shooting in AZ, even Police shootings, go to this level.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    That guy that smoked the dude a few weeks back in Phoenix when he was attempting to enter the kids window wasn't charged as far as I know. I believe that they didn't even arrest him. He was questioned on scene and allowed to couch it as far as I know.
    And that is the way it should be!

If Philly/Pittsburgh ever get their way than maybe I'll have to put Arizona on the short list.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    Case in point is the NY police officer that commented on many officers believing that ARs should not by used in self defense shoots.
    It's unfortunate that we still have cops out there who think this, because this line of reasoning makes absolutely no sense to me. It also pisses me off a bit. Deadly force is deadly force, whether its a hammer or a cruise missile.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter what the police "think" about it. It's up to a grand jury to decide if you get indicted or not, and that's where a good attorney comes into play. Plenty of people have physical protection, but neglect legal protection. Don't take anything for granted.

I don't use my SBR for home defense, only because I keep it at work. I don't feel like lugging it to and from every day. I'm more likely to need it at work than at home on a daily basis, so that actually puts me in the same boat. I'm not afraid to pull out any of my tools if needed, much less my rifle.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    I would use any weapon at my disposal that puts my odds of surviving a lethal encounter in my favor. Like the guy said above it shouldn't matter if its a hammer or a cruise missile. the asshat that decides to threaten my family by kicking in my door in the middle of the night made his/her choice. It's my job to make sure they realize that they made a bad decision. Since I don't have access to a cruise missile, my rifle will have to suffice. It's a risk I'm willing to take.

Feedback Score

Does anyone actually use their SBR for regular home defense?

The way I look at it they are all tools. The last thing that would go through my mind if an aggressive intruder is in my home is worrying about my "tools" going into lockup. I have two suppressed SRB's, a suppressed G17, and two 870P's (18" & 14"). When I go to bed the G17 is bedside, the 14" 870P is beside the chest of drawers, and the SBR's and 18" 870P are locked in the safe. That's how I roll...

Feedback Score
    I'd be most concerned about surviving the incident first. Most states have Castle Laws as well. I would use the SBR I have waiting to transfer to me. The shorter OAL inside a house makes it ideal. I would suppress it if I owned a suppressor for it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Being charged or arrested isn't what I'm referring to. What I'm saying is that even a Arizona Cop who uses deadly force in the line of duty has the shoot go before prosecutorial review.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213