Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually use their SBR for regular home defense?

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

A SBR is a tool

Yes, it's the right tool for the job.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I will when I get my SBRs back up to speed. Until then I use a regular AR.

If it's a good shoot, you'll get it back. And it'll have some character.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Yes. For all the reasons stated above. I also use a Gemtech Halo along with my 6933. I can replace my rifle and suppressor, I cannot replace my family

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Use the best tool you have, for the most important job you have.
    ^This

Feedback Score

To use or not to use...that is the question

Although mine is not an SBR I wanted to chime in as I am in the unusual position of being a Federal LEO but living in NY City.

The general consensus among Fed/State/Local law enforcement here is, basically, "anything short of a post-Katrina/LA riot-type of "wild west" lawlessness should not require that an AR be used for self defense".

I will refrain from telling you my opinion of this but will say that my AR is always within reach while I am home...

After the recent hurricane (Sandy), we had some "fine, upstanding" members of the Staten Island community that felt it was a good time to try to rob homes as the power was out and cell phone service was nearly non-existant. There were a number of LEO's that I am aware of who live in the area with their ARs ready to go so I assume I am not in the minority.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any legal concerns if your SBR is registered to you as an individual (not a trust) and your other family members now have access to it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I keep my shotgun by my bed in case I wake up to somebody opening my bedroom door, but if I have time it's straight to the safe to unlock the SBR.
    Last edited by Black; 01-24-13 at 11:59.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
    I use mine, it stays beside my bed every night. If I didn't use it, what would be the point of having it anyways(hunting, I think not).
    NO SHIT! AMEN.

This reminds me of the thread in the ammo section about what ammo is loaded in your weapon...

A bunch of guys are listing pistol and bird gun ammo... HUH?

You own an M4, but you put it away and grab the bird gun for when it counts? There's something very wrong with that logic. If a bird gun is all you have, then by all means... but other than that.. PICK THE BEST TOOL.
    Last edited by markm; 01-24-13 at 12:26.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Absolutely. Heck, it's one of the best tools in your arsenal. I mean it's not meant to sit in the safe and just look pretty.
    Last edited by Mak8080; 01-24-13 at 12:29.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny00 View Post
    Absolutely. Heck, it's one of the best tools in your arsenal. I mean it's not meant to sit in the safe and just look pretty.
    I'm always STUNNED at the effort some guys will put into an AR build... not even an SBR... but they'll put it away and grab something else at the end of the day?

WTF?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast