Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually use their SBR for regular home defense?

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlehendrick View Post
    Furthermore...my grandmother just got hearing aides and paid over 6k. That is for one individual...how much is your hearing or those of those you love? 4k for a can and SBR becomes relative.
    That's the other reason for the can on mine. I already where two hearing aids so I see no reason to further damage my hearing anymore than necessary.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, I do. Mk18, T1, Surefire m300, AAC m4-2000.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 01-25-13 at 01:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I must admit, I have never used my SBR in the defense of my home, much less regular defense of my home... but it is by the bed waiting in case I do need to. Man, some of you guys must live in some rough areas if you need a sbr, or any weapon in that case, for the regular defense of your home. It is in my home defense plan, but thank God I have never had to execute that plan.

I kid.

-HK
    Last edited by halfkorean; 01-25-13 at 01:40.
    HK

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Your "what ifs" will be ignored mostly because as I stated before the topic has been discussed numerous times.

In addition to your question about locking them up when you aren't around that falls in to the category of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sproc View Post
    If prosecutors were always reasonable, I wouldn't be asking.

So I'm still asking the question.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    In addition to your question about locking them up when you aren't around that falls in to the category of common sense.
    Oops! I've been leaving mine outside by the front door so I could get it on the way in to clear my house of the enemy!

I should put a bike lock or some shit on it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a couple of 11.5 SBRs. They stay locked up in the safe, although I do keep a magazine of range ammo there too. Given where I live and the overall self defense needs of my family and me, rifles, SBR or otherwise, aren't part of my home defense plan.

Feedback Score
    I keep a 12GA, HK45 & .38 near the bed along with my SBR. When the alarm goes off, the 12GA is what I'll grab first and post myself at the back of the stairs leading to the upper level, allowing me to shoot the perp(s) in the back as they climb the stairs. I know I am in the minority here but I'll save the AR for last because I know it will be confiscated - and with a BAN on the horizon and possibly closing the books on NFA items like machine guns in 1986 - I'll try to hold onto my AR as long as I can.
    Just guessing here but the 12GA should be plenty for a typical break-in and if it isn't then I likely will lack the skill and training to properly deal with a mob, team of assassins or ninjas. I am comfortable with my strategy.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tepin View Post
    I keep a 12GA, HK45 & .38 near the bed along with my SBR. When the alarm goes off, the 12GA is what I'll grab first and post myself at the back of the stairs leading to the upper level, allowing me to shoot the perp(s) in the back as they climb the stairs. I know I am in the minority here but I'll save the AR for last because I know it will be confiscated - and with a BAN on the horizon and possibly closing the books on NFA items like machine guns in 1986 - I'll try to hold onto my AR as long as I can.
    Just guessing here but the 12GA should be plenty for a typical break-in and if it isn't then I likely will lack the skill and training to properly deal with a mob, team of assassins or ninjas. I am comfortable with my strategy.
    I'd worry less about implications after the fact and more about defending yourself and your family in the 'best' way possible. There are many SG vs AR threads here and elsewhere that do a great job of highlighting 'why' the AR is a better choice.

For me, hell yes. SBR is always the first choice. Pistol is second.

Last edited by munch520; 01-25-13 at 09:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My LWRC PSD resides in the same closet as my Remington 870. I figured that having to give up my $3000 SBR for evidence is not going to mean much if I end up having to use it for self-defense.

The fact that I have to wait to get it back until after either the trial or the investigation is over just means I lived through the encounter. YMMV.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tepin View Post
    know I am in the minority here but I'll save the AR for last because I know it will be confiscated - and with a BAN on the horizon and possibly closing the books on NFA items like machine guns in 1986 - I'll try to hold onto my AR as long as I can.
    If it ever erroded to the point where an AR was subject to confiscation, I'd simply run my silencer and get rid of the dead out in the desert.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast