Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PMC Ammo good or bad?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    By what criteria do you judge "weak" ammo? I know it's an often-repeated mantra about PMC, but I suspect that most people just repeat it without thinking or experience. 2886 FPS muzzle velocity from a .223 round out of a 16 inch barrel seems pretty reasonable to me. It cycles my A5 buffer as well as the H2 buffers in my SBRs just fine.

I dispute the "weak ammo" assertion, especially in the absence of any rebuttal or data.
    I've chrono'd several different lots of PMC bronze at ~2650 from a 16" 1-7 bbl, where do you get the 2886 fps figure from?

It runs my midlength H2 buffer'd MRP just fine, and usually hovers around 1.5-2 MOA, however it barely cycles my MK12.

don't get me wrong I like it and have several thousand rounds of it stashed, but it definitely qualifies as 'weak' ammo IMO.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    I was also gettig 2600FPS from a 16" with PMC Bronze. Its weak ammo generally weaker than wolf.

Xtac is their good line that is actually loaded right and gets FPS on par with LC M855 and M193z
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eesmith4 View Post
    I've chrono'd several different lots of PMC bronze at ~2650 from a 16" 1-7 bbl, where do you get the 2886 fps figure from?
    150 rounds through my 16 inch light Recce, measured with my Chrony F1. Standard deviation of 46

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No issues with PMC here, have run 400 rounds through my 18" SPR. Best accuracy achieved was ~1.5 MOA, most groups run around 2.0 MOA. This is out of a gun that shoots 0.75 MOA with 75 gr match handloads. Factory load (for Bronze) is mild, and brass is good for reloading - no crimp and primer pockets are relatively tight.

While it is mild, I don't think it is more so than Wolf, which never ran well for me...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345