Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ONE Illinois Sheriff????

Feedback Score
    I'm very curious to see what lllinois will do with CC now that they are under court orders to draft an acceptable CC law. I wonder how many sheriffs will get behind it when the wheel comes round. I know the state appealed the panel decision to the full member court but would they really reverse the panel decision?

Texas is looking better and better....
    Last edited by gunrunner505; 02-14-13 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the Illinois Sheriffs' Association resolution opposing the state's proposed assault weapons ban, what impact do you think that will have on the AWB?

Feedback Score

Re: ONE Illinois Sheriff????

Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    With the Illinois Sheriffs' Association resolution opposing the state's proposed assault weapons ban, what impact do you think that will have on the AWB?
    I did not know the Sheriffs Association had come out in opposition. That is at least encouraging. However, having lived in this state most of my life and seen just how poor our elected representation is, it would not surprise me if they went and did it anyway.

Chicago and the state have never figured out that you can't reduce crime by restriction of the non criminal. Chicagos 20 year firearms ban did nothing and it's somehow going to maybe be different this time.

Try arresting and imprisoning the bad guy. Just a thought....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    FYI

BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (AP) - The Illinois Sheriffs' Association has adopted a resolution opposing the state's proposed assault weapons ban.

McLean County Sheriff Mike Emery says the association wants Illinois instead to go to the "root of the problem," which is mental health. Emery tells WJBC radio in Bloomington (http://bit.ly/WGzVWk) that an assault weapons ban won't address the primary problem. He says that's upgrades for mental health services.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/21...lt-weapons-ban

This is one of few bits of good news I have heard lately. I am not often surprised by the actions of politicians here in IL. This was a pleasant surprise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123