Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Build's the Better AK, Lancaster or Vector?

Feedback Score
    FWIW Vector's Website says:

"Due to diminishing supply of parts kits, we get them from where ever we can find them which might be from Poland, Hungry, Bulgaria, and even some East German kits. The country origin changes from time to time and we do not guarantee that your gun is from a particular country. We do not use Romanian parts kits."

I believe that Lancaster uses Romy G kits so that may be a a point of distinction for your decision.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder_Burn View Post
    FWIW Vector's Website says:

"Due to diminishing supply of parts kits, we get them from where ever we can find them which might be from Poland, Hungry, Bulgaria, and even some East German kits. The country origin changes from time to time and we do not guarantee that your gun is from a particular country. We do not use Romanian parts kits."

I believe that Lancaster uses Romy G kits so that may be a a point of distinction for your decision.
    Whats wrong with the Romanian kits?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nothing's wrong with Romanian kits, although most AK guys consider Bulgarian, Polish, Hungarian, East German, and Russian to be higher quality over all, but the Romanians are very serviceable.

It really boils down to a roll of the dice.

I like Vector because of the 5 year warranty they have and a decent rep for customer service with their AK's and Uzi's.

Lancaster has built a decent rep.

Blaine at Atlantic is a stand up guy and will back anything he sells.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Nothing's wrong with Romanian kits, although most AK guys consider Bulgarian, Polish, Hungarian, East German, and Russian to be higher quality over all, but the Romanians are very serviceable.

I like Vector because of the 5 year warranty they have and a decent rep for customer service with their AK's and Uzi's.

Agreed,MOST(not all) shooters will never put that many rounds to wear out an semi-auto(less quality romanian,with a quality reciver) ak anyways.

Feedback Score
    Even Centurys AK's have been fairly good from what I have read.

Bill

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    One of the great things about M4Carbine.net is we try to keep it to what we've used/experienced/built/broken ourselves, not what we've read.

M_P

Feedback Score

LOL I was making a sarcastic reponse to what was posted by Powder Burn afrom Vectors site.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Tim, not to put you on the spot, am I correct in interpreting you as saying that its pretty much six of one and half dozen the other? And if so, trusting your for more extensive knowledge on the subject, if it were to mean getting a Lancaster today or a Vector in 4 weeks, which you chose?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well, personally, like a lot of guys, I'm a sucker for a chrome lined barrel.

The Vectors I've been seeing lately have been using older AK-47 front ends vs. AKM front ends.

The difference is that the earlier AK-47 has a thicker barrel, no prominent bayonet lug, and a different gas block than the later AKM, which has a lighter barrel than the AK-47, and gas vents on the gas block vs. the gas tube.

If "authenticity" is a big deal to you, then you probably won't want the Vector, but the earlier style barrels should be chrome lined as well.

The Lancasters are built using Romanian kits, which are AKM's, and should have a chrome lined barrel.

Given the choice between those two, I'd probably go with the Lancaster, if I could inspect the rifle or if someone whom I trusted knew what they were doing took a look at it first.

So....that's my take on it.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Well, personally, like a lot of guys, I'm a sucker for a chrome lined barrel.

The Vectors I've been seeing lately have been using older AK-47 front ends vs. AKM front ends.

The difference is that the earlier AK-47 has a thicker barrel, no prominent bayonet lug, and a different gas block than the later AKM, which has a lighter barrel than the AK-47, and gas vents on the gas block vs. the gas tube.

If "authenticity" is a big deal to you, then you probably won't want the Vector, but the earlier style barrels should be chrome lined as well.

The Lancasters are built using Romanian kits, which are AKM's, and should have a chrome lined barrel.

Given the choice between those two, I'd probably go with the Lancaster, if I could inspect the rifle or if someone whom I trusted knew what they were doing took a look at it first.

So....that's my take on it.
    Thanks Tim. Authenticity is not required. Sounds like the Vector is actually the way to go as I wouldn't be able to inspect either and the Vector that Blaine is selling would have a chrome-lined barrel....although I know that he stands behind his rifles so maybe a Lancaster from him would be good to go.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast