Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NRA instructor arrested for shooting at coyote on his 30 acres

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightvisionary View Post
    Pat lets insert a little reality here. The whole "Risking their lives" in regards to law enforcement is getting pretty thin. We all risk our lives every time we step out the door. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Policing does not even make the top ten list of most dangerous jobs in the United States. Police officers assume a moderate level of risk for which they are generally well compensated by those who work in the private sector.
    We are number 12 on that list and while most jobs you get hurt from accidents cops are getting shot and assaulted. Big difference. So frankly I don't care if you think its getting thin. And no cops are not generally well paid as you implied. The pay is not the point however for this topic. The person I responded too was calling cops spineless and that was out of line for what we the job requires us to do. Just walking out your door in the morning is not the same as making a high risk entry on some idiot holding hostages.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 01-28-13 at 10:08.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    As NC stated, let's start acting like adults. The CONTINUED pursuit of an argument, for what appears as just the sake of arguing, is getting really old, really fast.

It's how kids act.

Quit acting like kids.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567