Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Rebuilding" my Noveske

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I know the EOTech is heavier, but I much prefer its reticle. I will be putting a T-1 on my other AR. As for the buffer, the Noveske one is already solid, as with all of their products. If I were going to change it, it'd only be for the A5, but that doesn't seem as necessary. And the goal of this is to create something lighter, but not a lightweight build. For that, I would consider the NSR, but I just want to shave some weight, not as much as I can. Based off recommendations from Todd and others here, I'm just going to piece together a new upper when everything calms down and then sell off my current one instead of rebuilding.
    Sounds like a solid plan. 13.5 NSRs have been showing up "In-stock" from Midway and Rainier over the past week or two so it looks like things are slowly starting to settle down a bit.

Im just finishing up a similar 14.5" build using the Noveske marked MUR which has the corresponding hole for the NSR anti-rotation pin and a 13.5 NSR. Its currently @ ADCO having a flash hider pinned on.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    Sounds like a solid plan. 13.5 NSRs have been showing up "In-stock" from Midway and Rainier over the past week or two so it looks like things are slowly starting to settle down a bit.

Im just finishing up a similar 14.5" build using the Noveske marked MUR which has the corresponding hole for the NSR anti-rotation pin and a 13.5 NSR. Its currently @ ADCO having a flash hider pinned on.
    Awesome, that's where mine will go whenever its ready to be put together. And I'd like to think that its all settling down, too.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdrak View Post
    The Geissele is a great rock solid handguard but if you are looking to drop weight the Noveske NSR 13.5 weighs about 1/2 as much as the Geissele.
    def a better call weightwise

Feedback Score

"Rebuilding" my Noveske

Quote Originally Posted by MrCleanOK View Post
    [*]Your barrel is already drilled for that specific switchblock. Once a gas block and barrel are drilled to be pinned, they are mates for life unless you switch to a set screw or clamp type gas block (which is a reliability downgrade). You can't drill the same barrel twice. [*]Your flash hider is fixed to that 14.5" barrel with a welded blind pin. Destroying a $100 flash hider to replace it with the BCM comp won't really get you much improvement for the cost of hiring someone to do the work.
    Actually, depending on what gas block and sight you are switching between, you CAN drill the barrel twice.
    You just don't want to drill twice in the same spot as would be the case with switching one A2 FSB for another one.

I charge $55 to remove one permanent muzzle device and perm attach a different one.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15barrels View Post
    Actually, depending on what gas block and sight you are switching between, you CAN drill the barrel twice.
    You just don't want to drill twice in the same spot as would be the case with switching one A2 FSB for another one.

I charge $55 to remove one permanent muzzle device and perm attach a different one.
    Hmm that's good to know. After talking with some Noveske dealers the timeline sounds like it is going to be quite a wait to get new parts...
    Last edited by Wake27; 02-25-13 at 18:50.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12