Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prototype replica photos (56k warning)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I gotta ask...what is that little thing sticking up in front of the front sight? Never seen that before.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's a bayonet lug. Check out the second rifle from the bottom-
    Last edited by MistWolf; 01-29-13 at 18:25.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    MistWolf - one theme I want to visit this year on TacTV is the serious gun guy sub culture of those who enjoy preserving history by building custom retro small arms- a few I expect to highlight this year are;

Prototype replica AR 15
    T48
    Rhodiesian FAL
    Diemaco C7A2 and C8SFW

And.......

Second model FG42 by SMG guns out of Texas

This may be one complete episode or segments scattered thru out the season

Still working on that part

Basically I see this as a way to share one of my passions and frankly a hobby of mine that has only grown over the years; replicating historically significant small arms

Should be a blast - literally !!

Did you ever find a real barrel for a Diemaco SFW?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I gotta ask...what is that little thing sticking up in front of the front sight? Never seen that before.
    Actually, it is not a bayonet lug. It is called a bipod adapter. It just allowed for the "clothes pin" type spring bipod to be used without rotating all the way around the barrel.

The bayonet lug as used on the AR10 was completely different... it was built into the long flash hider/grenade launcher assembly.

John Thomas

Feedback Score
    ... a few I expect to highlight this year are;

...Diemaco C7A2 and C8SFW

Larry,

I did a C7 (first model) a while back... here are a few photos (not pictured, I have the correct Canadian sling on it now):

John Thomas

Feedback Score
    Yes I was able to get a complete Diemaco C8SFW upper- EXTREMELY difficult to source; one of the hardest things I ever had to get for my collection

Took a long time and a lot of legwork - glad I don't have to do that again !!!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Larry,

Would love to see maybe one or two (2) hour episodes dedicated to the retro stuff. I think that would be great and probably generate some serious viewer numbers.

MistWolf - one theme I want to visit this year on TacTV is the serious gun guy sub culture of those who enjoy preserving history by building custom retro small arms- a few I expect to highlight this year are;

Prototype replica AR 15
    T48
    Rhodiesian FAL
    Diemaco C7A2 and C8SFW

And.......

Second model FG42 by SMG guns out of Texas

This may be one complete episode or segments scattered thru out the season

Still working on that part

Basically I see this as a way to share one of my passions and frankly a hobby of mine that has only grown over the years; replicating historically significant small arms

Should be a blast - literally !!

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That came out great. That's like a restored '60's/'70's muscle car. Keeping history alive and well. Awesome!
    <------Be not affraid!

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    John - as always your Diemaco clone looks killer; I however took a different approach- I bought the Colt Canada made semi auto guns that CDNN had and had Orion Arms remark them after filling in the markings to semi auto Diemaco clones- but 'clones' in a partial way because they were legit Colt Canada made guns

My only wish was that Colt as a company left the selector stops on the semi auto lowers- and I have never figured out a good way to rebuild/reattach those so my Diemaco guns are slick in that area

I was fortunate and for both my C7A2 and C8SFW I was able to source the overwhelming majority of my parts as actual Colt Canada made components - both guns have well over 90 % of the parts in the build being authentic Diemaco/Colt Canada parts; including complete Canadian Weaver spec uppers, barrels and BCG's

And yes it was not easy by any stretch !!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wow, what a piece of work!

The front sight base-- did you find one and use it? Or did you find the prints and make one? And, if you made it, looks like you've textured it to resemble a from-the-forge surface.....

Again, wow!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast