As you all may know, there was a recent AD at a gun show in Raleigh. No charges were filed, but I believe 3 people were injured.

http://www.wral.com/charges-won-t-be...ting/12009665/

Steve Troxler (R), Commissioner of Agriculture, has instructed his subordinates to issue decrees that private sales of firearms will henceforth not be allowed on property owned by the NC Dept of Agriculture. This includes at one of the largest gun shows in NC, the Dixie Gun and Knife Show, which is held at the NC State Fairgrounds in Raleigh.

While we all understand the implications of the recent school shootings, North Carolina residents have long been afforded the right to buy and sell privately at gun shows. Having attended many of these shows, many (if not all) private sales are conducted in such a manner as to ensure complete adherence to the law. There's often a line at the copy machine for people making copies of private transfer paperwork, CCW permits, and the like. I, myself, have stood in that line on more than one occasion.

I am dismayed and downright outraged by Comm. Troxler's decision to emulate the Liberal knee-jerk reactions seen in other blue states. I urge all North Carolina residents to contact Comm. Troxler's office and voice your disapproval with his decision, if you feel the same way.

Below is a link where you can contact his office via email, and it also contains the mailing address if you'd rather put pen to paper.

http://www.ncagr.gov/htm/contactusform.htm

This is the text of the email I sent the commissioner:

Commissioner Troxler,

In response to a recent accident involving a negligent discharge of a shotgun at a gun show, your representatives quickly declared that all private sales of firearms would be banned for the remainder of that show and left gun owners in North Carolina wondering just where you stand on this issue. I am distressed to know that Republican leaders in NC will take such the same knee-jerk reactions as the liberals in response to an accident. While accidents occur in many aspects of our society, we don’t see leaders banning the sales of automobiles, swimming pools, or other recreational equipment that is involved. It leaves me wondering where, exactly, do you stand on the issue of gun control.

While President Obama and other national leaders prepare to unilaterally and unconstitutionally take away our rights as gun owners, I wanted to send you this email to get your answer.

Mr. Troxler, where do you stand on gun control in relation to President Obama’s Liberal agenda?

When I cast my vote in elections, I vote for those who most closely reflect my own values. It saddens me to discover that, in some cases, I have made a mistake and that the conservative I voted for did not, in fact, support my views and the views of hundreds of thousands like me. I would appreciate knowing exactly where you stand on this issue so I can make a more informed decision in future elections.

I am dismayed and very surprised to hear that you banned private firearm sales on NC Dept of Agriculture property. I wish you had not done so, sir. I have voted for you for many years, but this single act, committed in the feel-good manner of the American Left, will forever cause me to stop and question whether or not I should put a mark next to your name ever again.

I look forward to your reply, and a clarification of your viewpoint.

Sincerely,

Jason M. Durr, BA, EMT-P
Wilmington, NC
My email was copied (and edited) from the Grass Roots North Carolina website, here:

http://paracom.paramountcommunicatio...0&ei=s-3kHzkVN