Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Other Assault Rifles" forum should be renamed

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Re: "Other Assault Rifles" forum should be renamed

Anti-gunners don't give a shit what we call them. So, there is no point in changing anything.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gun71530 View Post
    Anti-gunners don't give a shit what we call them. So, there is no point in changing anything.
    I see no sense in rolling over and letting the anti's redefine semi-autos as assault weapons and the forum itself doesn't need to be part of the problem in that regard when we have a sub forum titled "Other Assault Rifles."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    sure they do. they want them to be called 'assault rifles' because it sounds evil and it's much easier to convince those that don't know anything about them to go over to their side and vote for a ban against them. the average non gun owner/joe public is much more likely to go for a ban on 'assault weapons' than 'modern sporting rifles', just because it sounds different. words and labels have power - don't underestimate them or take them too lightly.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    I see no sense in rolling over and letting the anti's redefine semi-autos as assault weapons and the forum itself doesn't need to be part of the problem in that regard when we have a sub forum titled "Other Assault Rifles."
    So changing the sub-forum name isn't rolling over?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

"Other Assault Rifles" forum should be renamed

My rifles will never be used to assault anyone. They might help defend someone, but never assault.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So changing the sub-forum name isn't rolling over?
    it's not called 'rolling over'. it's a diversionary tactic. it's to confuse the enemy and re-educate the general public. is what you call your rifle more important to you than being able to own that rifle? got to pick your battles. i'm more concerned with my right to bear arms vs. what to call them. by calling an assault rifle a semi-auto rifle or modern sporting rifle - i lose nothing. doesn't change what it is. but if it makes a difference in how it's perceived by the general public, i'm all for a name change. how do we change public perception? by changing how we ourselves refer to these things.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    I don't think the phrasing helps or hurts us anymore than "standard capacity magazines" does. I understand the feeling...but the anti's don't give one flipping **** what they're called.
    Yes, they do care, and that is why they have grouped all of our weapons into categories meant to promote false images of death and destruction. they want to make us look evil, and the catchy name that they have chosen aids their cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    sure they do. they want them to be called 'assault rifles' because it sounds evil and it's much easier to convince those that don't know anything about them to go over to their side and vote for a ban against them. the average non gun owner/joe public is much more likely to go for a ban on 'assault weapons' than 'modern sporting rifles', just because it sounds different. words and labels have power - don't underestimate them or take them too lightly.
    it's not called 'rolling over'. it's a diversionary tactic. it's to confuse the enemy and re-educate the general public. is what you call your rifle more important to you than being able to own that rifle? got to pick your battles. i'm more concerned with my right to bear arms vs. what to call them. by calling an assault rifle a semi-auto rifle or modern sporting rifle - i lose nothing. doesn't change what it is. but if it makes a difference in how it's perceived by the general public, i'm all for a name change. how do we change public perception? by changing how we ourselves refer to these things.
    Exactly. By calling the forum what we do here, we perpetuate the false term of Assault Rifle/Weapon, which demonizes us and our rights. It should be renamed to properly denote what it refers to.
    I agree with the suggestions already posted here of:
    "Other Personal Defense Rifles"
    "Other Modern Semi-Auto Rifles"
    "Other Modern Sporting Rifles"
    my original recommendations kind of sucked, I admit. That's why its good to work together!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Why don't we just drop the titles altogether and just call them what they're, rifles.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Why don't we just drop the titles altogether and just call them what they're, rifles.
    so are AR15s, bolt guns, lever actions, rimfire rifles etc. it's for organization of the forum into sub-categories.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    makes sense to me. i vote for 'Other Modern Sporting Rifles'.
    I like it.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast