Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any news from Daniel Defense from SHOT show?

Feedback Score

Any news from Daniel Defense from SHOT show?

Things seem quiet. Any new announcements? Everything ok? Thanks for any info you have!
    Last edited by JackyYeung; 01-28-13 at 12:24.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, they've told all of their dealers to go screw themselves and start buying through distributors now. Ya know, now that they've helped them build their brand, they don't need them anymore, basically.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    Yeah, they've told all of their dealers to go screw themselves and start buying through distributors now. Ya know, now that they've helped them build their brand, they don't need them anymore, basically.
    Wish I could be surprised but with experience I have with quality of that company am far from surprised.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So whats that about? I was stuck on getting a DD rifle because they are praised so highly. They also have the rep of being a company that was built on a solid foundation?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    So whats that about? I was stuck on getting a DD rifle because they are praised so highly. They also have the rep of being a company that was built on a solid foundation?
    They make a gun the right way, with mil grade components. They're not the only ones that do it though, and since prices have dropped on Colt's and BCM is putting out a hell of a rifle, I'd just as soon buy from them now.

There is nothing special about the insides of a DD that set them apart from Colt or BCM. I'd buy what has the features you like, at a price you can afford. DD makes a quality gun, but if you want something that uses a different rail, you're better off starting with a BCM or Colt and upgrading it how you want it.

Anyway, on topic, they introduced some muzzle devices and accessories and a few new .300 blackout configurations.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Really? And where did you get that from? Did you actually met with and talk to anyone from DD or are you just blowing smoke?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Really? And where did you get that from? Did you actually met with and talk to anyone from DD or are you just blowing smoke?
    Our previous sales contact there. All of their sales are going through distributors now, with no provisions to even drop ship rifles to police departments.

Feedback Score

You mean like Bravo Company, Ruger, Springfield, etc. do? You can't sign up to be a dealer with then. You have to buy those through distributors.

I have not heard they were cutting dealers, and I met with DD at Shot. I doubt it would have been presented as "screw yourself". Marty Daniel and Daniel Defense have been very good people to deal with, and make an outstanding product. Their success is a result of that, and as a result, more people want their product and it is therefore harder to get, especially in the current craze.

There does come a point when a company grows, where they can't effectively serve every dealer who wants their product and so must narrow it down to fewer distributors/master dealers who then can sell to other dealers.
    I know one distributor placed an order for basically everything DD could produce in 2013. Add in the 20-30 other distributors/master dealers DD has, and you can see how it might be impossible for DD to fill those orders, let alone all the other smaller dealer orders. So even if you are a direct dealer, you might be able to get product sooner by buying it from another distributor who had a bigger order in earlier. It doesn't mean they're screwing the small dealer. Keep in mind, however much a small dealer may have "built their name up", the larger dealers/distributors did as much or more so. The reason they are distributors is because they have bought more Daniel Defense for more years than other dealers do. Why would they not get priority?

Feedback Score

Back to the thread topic, Daniel Defense has a new Integrally Suppressed Rifle in 300BLK, a 300BLK 10.3" SBR, and a M4V7 300 BLK. I had the opportunity to shoot the SBR (suppressed and unsuppressed) and the ISR and both were really cool. The SBR is basically a 300BLK Mk18, with the smaller DDM4 rail instead of the RIS II rail. I like it a lot!

Here is the Integrally Suppressed Rifle:

Attachment 15118

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They will also be releasing their own branded ammunition, loaded in Lake City brass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast