Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any news from Daniel Defense from SHOT show?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeardsong View Post
    You mean like Bravo Company, Ruger, Springfield, etc. do? You can't sign up to be a dealer with then. You have to buy those through distributors.
    {this is the last I'll say on this, as it's getting off topic}

This is why Ruger has virtually no PD business, and neither does BCM. Springfield we ARE direct with, as is another LGS I used to work for.

I have not heard they were cutting dealers, and I met with DD at Shot. I doubt it would have been presented as "screw yourself". Marty Daniel and Daniel Defense have been very good people to deal with, and make an outstanding product. Their success is a result of that, and as a result, more people want their product and it is therefore harder to get, especially in the current craze.

There does come a point when a company grows, where they can't effectively serve every dealer who wants their product and so must narrow it down to fewer distributors/master dealers who then can sell to other dealers.
    I know one distributor placed an order for basically everything DD could produce in 2013. Add in the 20-30 other distributors/master dealers DD has, and you can see how it might be impossible for DD to fill those orders, let alone all the other smaller dealer orders. So even if you are a direct dealer, you might be able to get product sooner by buying it from another distributor who had a bigger order in earlier. It doesn't mean they're screwing the small dealer. Keep in mind, however much a small dealer may have "built their name up", the larger dealers/distributors did as much or more so. The reason they are distributors is because they have bought more Daniel Defense for more years than other dealers do. Why would they not get priority?
    There is a difference between "hey, we got slammed with order and we don't expect to be able to ship any new orders before the end of 2013" and "sorry, you have to place all orders through a distributor now."

There was no mention of them going back to taking dealer sales should the bubble burst, and a LE dept doesn't pay excise tax. There is no way to get a PD pricing through a distributor because virtually none of them will go through that process. So after I talked a number of agencies into DD rifles for their 2013 budgets, I've got to go back to them and tell them that the manufacturer isn't interested in taking their orders now.

Buying from a distributor might not be the end of the world for most over the counter sales, but it is the nail in the coffin for agency sales. If you'd like to know why most PD's carry Bushmasters, S&W's and the like... this is why.
    Last edited by Jim D; 01-29-13 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeardsong View Post
    Back to the thread topic, Daniel Defense has a new Integrally Suppressed Rifle in 300BLK, a 300BLK 10.3" SBR, and a M4V7 300 BLK. I had the opportunity to shoot the SBR (suppressed and unsuppressed) and the ISR and both were really cool. The SBR is basically a 300BLK Mk18, with the smaller DDM4 rail instead of the RIS II rail. I like it a lot!
    How effective is their homemade suppressor compared to ones from AAC or surefire?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: Any news from Daniel Defense from SHOT show?

Quote Originally Posted by Psybain View Post
    How effective is their homemade suppressor compared to ones from AAC or surefire?
    Reports from range day seemed favorable.

Feedback Score

Any news from Daniel Defense from SHOT show?

Wasn't AAC and Surefire products homemade at some point?

Feedback Score

Any news from Daniel Defense from SHOT show?

I only got to shoot 5-10 rounds through each, on a noisy range with double ear protection, so it's not the best test, but I noticed no difference between the ISR and the SBR 300BLK with a 762SDN6. Both are 10.3" barrels.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    You are wrong about BCM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    {this is the last I'll say on this, as it's getting off topic}

This is why Ruger has virtually no PD business, and neither does BCM. Springfield we ARE direct with, as is another LGS I used to work for.

There is a difference between "hey, we got slammed with order and we don't expect to be able to ship any new orders before the end of 2013" and "sorry, you have to place all orders through a distributor now."

There was no mention of them going back to taking dealer sales should the bubble burst, and a LE dept doesn't pay excise tax. There is no way to get a PD pricing through a distributor because virtually none of them will go through that process. So after I talked a number of agencies into DD rifles for their 2013 budgets, I've got to go back to them and tell them that the manufacturer isn't interested in taking their orders now.

Buying from a distributor might not be the end of the world for most over the counter sales, but it is the nail in the coffin for agency sales. If you'd like to know why most PD's carry Bushmasters, S&W's and the like... this is why.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    You are wrong about BCM.
    I'll have to take your word for it then. I have yet to come across a single department who owns even one BCM brand AR (not individuals, but departments). Maybe it's just a regional thing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    You are wrong about BCM.

Yep. I've seen a few departments using them.

I love how people have gotten to the point where if it's not true in there area, it must not be true anywhere.

Numerous officers on Lightfighter are issued BCM's. So, it's not like we have to venture too far out of our world to find that info. Especially those of us that post there.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Big thread drift but,

BCM will most certainly put together orders for a PD. We were looking at ordering rifles for our PD and BCM basically said just tell us what you want and we'll build it.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    I'll have to take your word for it then. I have yet to come across a single department who owns even one BCM brand AR (not individuals, but departments). Maybe it's just a regional thing.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=73582
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast