Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find ideal light setup....

Feedback Score
    Derek, have you checked out a Surefire Scout?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S-1 View Post
    Derek, have you checked out a Surefire Scout?
    Definitely, there always seems to be good deals everywhere on those..

But, it also seems like you can get the same performance in brightness, with only sacrificing an ounce or so, but saving $150 across the board...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    How about the G2 with an LED head in an Vltor or DD mount?
    I have something similar. It's quite a package for the money.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My suggestion is to hold onto the M900. Try out the other options you are considering, and if you find one that will truly replace the M900, then consider selling the M900. But once you get used to a M900, everything else just seems like a huge compromise in comparison.

I went through a similar phase a few years back. I sold my M900, and tried out four different light configurations that worked pretty well, but just didnt compare to the M900's overall package. I ended up buying a new M900.

All things considered, the M900 offers a hell of alot of benefits, and when you add up the weight and cost of a seperate 9volt light, mount, switch, vertical grip, etc. you will likely end up with a light set-up that weighs just as much, if not more then the M900 without the performance of the M900.

If you do not need all of the features the M900 offers, then I think the X300 with the XT switch is the way to go which will save you a good amount of weight. Good luck!!!

Feedback Score
    i am new here and maybe i missed it but would someone tell me how many lumens you suggest. would like to have one for indoors cqb and carbine classes but also for some use outside. based on what you guys have been saying i was looking at the surefire L4 LumaMax. 4 ounces and 100 lumens led on a larue mount. what do you think of this setup? enough light? thanks

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Ideal? maybe, for sure it's low cost.
    Pentagon light, DD offset mount on Surefire rail. Pentagon lights are shock resistant and produce 70 lumens (advertised).

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    i am new here and maybe i missed it but would someone tell me how many lumens you suggest. would like to have one for indoors cqb and carbine classes but also for some use outside. based on what you guys have been saying i was looking at the surefire L4 LumaMax. 4 ounces and 100 lumens led on a larue mount. what do you think of this setup? enough light? thanks
    65 lumens white light (as from a standard 6P/G2) is considered "tactical level" light and should suffice for most indoor/outdoor applications.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    The biggest issue for me was light placement, for a long time I obsessed abuout the best place to put the light but then I finally realized that there is no one perfect location which will allow you to use the light with both hands and without using a wired switch.
    A Surefire X200 or 300 at 12:00 is just about a perfect match for what you are describing.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UPSguy View Post
    A Surefire X200 or 300 at 12:00 is just about a perfect match for what you are describing.
    I agree.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I agree.

Showoff!!!
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast