Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum ideas....

imported_C4IGrant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisara
    I'd like to see a LOG OFF button at the top of the screen, as opposed to (or in addition to) the one at the bottom of each screen.

Why would you ever log off???

C4

Feedback Score

Wink

Although the brass frowns upon it, there is an unofficial tradition at work that when a terminal is found logged-on and unattended, you send a mass email to the entire facility. Since you know you that someone else will be listed as the sender, the email content is usually quite embarrassing. Needless to say, I've never seen someone make the same mistake twice about walking away without locking or signing off...
    Hi, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Grant, and I have just transferred in from VA. In case you don't know, I was the Vice President of the VA Pink Flamingo Collector's Club. I also collect pink Beanie Babies. Don't get me wrong- I can outperform (enter job description here) any of you old timers who have been here awhile. So, I am challenging all of you who think you're hot XXXX to a contest to see who can (job related tasks) better than I can. They told me before came here that everyone working here at (Current location of assignment) were a bunch of kiss-ass lazy slaps, and so far it looks like they were correct. Especially the supervisors here. Where I came from, we...
    Well, you get the picture.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Usually the replies from the logged in terminal will be enough to get someone kicked off a board, and while I don't post from work, I can see where this would be pretty important if I did.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Get rid of the General Discussion forum, keep this place on the topic of ARs

Feedback Score
    Guys all good suggestions. Well talk it over and see what we can come up with. A shotgun forum needs to be added and I think a log off button at the top would be helpful.

Please keep them coming.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A page like this,
    http://10-8forums.com/moderators.htm
    with info on all the industry professionals.

Feedback Score
    How about small icons for G&R, Mooneys, and others. Like there is for Daniel Defense, DPMS, iShot.

The banners are nice, but I have to keep refreshing the page in order to find the one I am looking for.

An idea.
    Jules Winnfield: "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions. ".

STAFF Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint
    How about small icons for G&R, Mooneys, and others. Like there is for Daniel Defense, DPMS, iShot.

The banners are nice, but I have to keep refreshing the page in order to find the one I am looking for.

An idea.
    The tabs are reserved for manufacturers only.

Feedback Score
    If the goal is a place to share info about the m4carbine, and keep above water, why not stick to topics only related to the M16/AR15 platform?

Get rid of the general discussion, forget the shotgun idea, dump the other assault rifles forum – we already have, hkpro, falfiles, etc, dump the handgun forum –1911forum, Glocktalk, Sigforum etc., already out there, and limit the precision rifle forum to the AR platform.

Just thoughts…..

STAFF Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    If the goal is a place to share info about the m4carbine, and keep above water, why not stick to topics only related to the M16/AR15 platform?

Get rid of the general discussion, forget the shotgun idea, dump the other assault rifles forum – we already have, hkpro, falfiles, etc, dump the handgun forum –1911forum, Glocktalk, Sigforum etc., already out there, and limit the precision rifle forum to the AR platform.

Just thoughts…..

All forums that are dedicated to one weapon platform and nothing else is generally the kiss of death. People get bored discussing only one thing all the time and enjoy having the ability to discuss other weapon systems on one forum.
    While this forum is dedicated to the M16/AR15, we also want to offer other venues so members don't have to go all over the internet to get quality information.

A GD that is heavily moderated and open to topics about current affairs is a good thing in our eyes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast