Thread: AR Gunsmith in Houston TX area (south side preferred)

Feedback Score

AR Gunsmith in Houston TX area (south side preferred)

Looking for a reputable gun smith in the Houston TX area. Preferably south of I10.

Looking to have my DDM4-V2 stock rail removed and replaced with an Omega X rail. To do so I need to remove the FSB which is pinned.

Your help is much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All you do is knock the pins out. Look up some You tube videos and do it yourself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogracer View Post
    Looking for a reputable gun smith in the Houston TX area. Preferably south of I10.

Looking to have my DDM4-V2 stock rail removed and replaced with an Omega X rail. To do so I need to remove the FSB which is pinned.

Your help is much appreciated.
    Call Jen at Texas Tactical Gear. They're primarily a dealer and work on/assemble stuff you've bought from them, but I bet they'll do it for a fee. (281) 484-0800

She has the only place that I've found near town that I'd let touch my guns. There may be someone else that I don't know about...but Jen knows her stuff.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The Arms Room on 45 near clearlake/dickinson or SOG Armory near 59 and south beltway

but also suggest doing it yourself, there are many how to's and vids on the web
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. I will touch base with a couple of the shops recommended.

I have tried punching out the pins myself to no avail.

Feedback Score
    Don't know if you've already gotten the work done but I was able to do mine myself. I used a plastic FSB doohickey from Brownells to support the FSB and had to give the pins a few good whacks to break loose. Not to insult your intelligence but keep in mind that those pins are tapered and only come out in one direction.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    avoid SOG, they have a very bad reputation...

Feedback Score
    Carter's Country is right on i10 and do pretty good work..