Thread: How Many Different Barrel Contours are Used on The AK?

Feedback Score

How Many Different Barrel Contours are Used on The AK?

Hello:

How many different barrel contours are/were used on the AK?

All of the 7.62x39 AK's I see have very thin looking barrels, and they look like they would over-heat very quickly!

I can't help but worry about this, because I've always prefered medium contours & heavies over Lt. Weight & Govt. Contour, Ect. when it comes to barrels.

Thanks for your replies.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There aren't heavy and light barrels for AK rifles. The RPK uses a heavy barrel, but it also uses a different configuration overall. There are some OD differences, but those are most related to manufacturers, not use.

M_P

Feedback Score
    Hello & Thanks, that's kinda what I was expecting to learn about them.
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.