Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New proposed anti-gun legislation in MN

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maindish View Post
    I'd love to see the Rangers cross into the realm of sanity. I'm sure there are many exceptions, but there is a feeling up there that they think anyone from outside the range is on a mission to screw them over. That's an attitude the DFL successfully incubates.

He Star Tribune article made it sound like gun ban advocates hugely showed up the gun rights folks in the more recent sessions. Not surprised they'd say that, was it true?
    I lived and worked on 'Da Range (Virginia/Eveleth) for 5 years back in the early-to-mid 80's - still have a lot of friends there and snowmobile there regularly. It is indeed a different world. They aren't crossing back into the realm of sanity anytime soon. OTOH, Dave Dill, DFL-Rep. 03-A, a die-hard democrat is outraged at gun control attempts and probably one of the voices that Paymer and Dayton heard most clearly.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I sailed on the Great Lakes as a cadet and then engineer on the steamships hauling "Taconite" from Duluth, Taconite Harbor, Silver Bay, down to the steel mills in the lower Great Lakes, back in the mid 70's. I still remember how friggin cold it got out there on Lake Superior, busting through ice in December. Glad I worked in the engineroom! Had a great time then. A classmate of mine was raised in Eveleth. How he loved playing hockey. I believe the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame is located there. Whenever I asked him where he was from, he'd reply,"You know, Da Range"! Thanks for triggering the memories Hmac.

Just left the GOCRA website, donation sent. Wish you brothers the best in your fight for the 2A.

Now if I could only remember those Finnlander jokes!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123