Thread: Houston area pistol training?

Feedback Score

Houston area pistol training?

A friend in the SW Houston area just bought her first handgun. It will be primarily for CCW. Can anyone recommend an instructor that can give her a solid foundation in the fundamentals? Something like a VSM class would be ideal.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkemmerl View Post
    A friend in the SW Houston area just bought her first handgun. It will be primarily for CCW. Can anyone recommend an instructor that can give her a solid foundation in the fundamentals? Something like a VSM class would be ideal.
    It's a little NW of Houston, but look at F.A.S.T. Inc.

http://www.fast762.com/

I haven't trained with him (yet) but he's former SF, and Kyle Defoor put in a good word for him here: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=103818

He's doing a one day women's only beginner's course on the 16th if she can make it that soon...

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Last I checked Aaron Roberts was doing a Thursday night class at Spring Guns and Ammo in addition to multiple day courses Also check out MAST Solutions. Also, I've trained with Justin Galindo at Shiloh Shooting a few years back but I've lost track of him but he is active LEO so that may have something to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help. My friend thanks you as well.
    "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill, 1903.