Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AK Lightning Bolt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, technically to run this setup all you would need to do is to replace the bolt carrier and the cover; correct?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    with the safety down that is just one big hole all the way through the cover ,would this not allow more dirt to get in to the receiver?Gas blown from both sides ,being all on one side your gas is not hitting you ,Plus while aiming I dont think I would like that CH coming back at my nose.to each his own,but i would not do this

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    Why doesn't someone put an AK charging handle at 45 degrees on the Left side, as forward on the bolt carrier as possible? Right about where the circle "L" is in the pics below. That way the open hole would be covered by the back of the bolt carrier & the CH wouldn't be such a catch fest.
    MagPul/Bushmaster already did... ACR with the AK lower receiver.

I am all for components that enhance the viability of the Kalashnikov platform, but I have never been a fan of components that change the basic manipulations of the gun, such as thumb safety on the support side, mag release lever on the strong side or in this case charging handle on the support side.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    That is a lot of exposure/access to the reciever.. no likey

And a significant weakening of the reciever cover.

A left hand accessible charging handle has already been successfully deployed. It's called a Galil
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hmmm...exposure, etc....seems to run like a TOP!!

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...t=MOV07823.flv

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    As has everyone else who has gotten proficient with consistent training with that particular manual of arms... But if we are talking speed here then no one can be absolute to the old system and they cant argue that this system isn't faster or more efficient...

One thing I have learned over the years is that Innovation and technology is our friend, Just because shooters think their particular gear or skill set works just because its easy, still doesn't mean its the most efficient.
    It might be just me but I think its ok as is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think the lightning bolt is something for someone who has an AK and dislikes the right side charging handle. This person wouldn't have a whole collection and wouldn't worry about getting it caught up in their tactical gear or screwing up the perfect reload during a battlefield pickup when they've "trained" themselves wrong.

This is not as stupid as that automatic magazine dispenser...

Feedback Score
    I just ran a -74 with the Lightning Bolt through a 2 day Fighting Rifle class. The handle getting caught on gear is a NON ISSUE. It never got caught on my plate carrier during any of the dozens of transitions that we did. I don't think it can be beat for improving the AK series rifles. I posted a detailed review in the training forum.
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The lightening bolt setup is $225.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123