Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Precision AR Build almost complete...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If it stacks 'em and you don't need to carry it all around, I'd keep it.

I like shooting a heavy barrel long range. Comfortable as shooting an Air Rifle.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If it stacks 'em and you don't need to carry it all around, I'd keep it.

I like shooting a heavy barrel long range. Comfortable as shooting an Air Rifle.
    That's what I figure... If it ends up being the tack-driver I think it's going to be, then I'll be happy. I keep looking at that Seekins rail... It's taking a lot of willpower not to just order it... Man, I've got EBR-disease bad...

Feedback Score
    I dontknow how the rail goes on but if there's anything i would change, it would be the gasblock. That thing is aluminum, IINM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    I dontknow how the rail goes on but if there's anything i would change, it would be the gasblock. That thing is aluminum, IINM.
    Would this be an acceptable alternative, given that the set screws should line up since it's also a DPMS?

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...25-111174.aspx

Feedback Score
    Yep, it will as long as it fits your barrel. Do you have info about the diameter of your UGB (under gas block) area of the barrel?

Feedback Score
    Wow, i didnt realize your barrel was .936".
    Did you dimple the underside for the set screws? Generally, they line up regardless of what brand it is--The rear set screw in particular. I dont know how far forward the front screw is on your current block. it seems longer than a typical block, not sureif they transalted that length to the distance between the screws as well.
    ETA: to answer your question, yes it should work but... How are you going to go about mounting front BUIS?
    Last edited by Col_Crocs; 02-06-13 at 17:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think you would be really happy with the Seekins handguard. I have been considering one myself. Those I have seen appear to be of excellent quality.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    WOW man that is beautiful....How do you like that Aero lower? Im tempted to get one to match my upper. I have a Delaware lower now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Wow, i didnt realize your barrel was .936".
    Did you dimple the underside for the set screws? ETA: to answer your question, yes it should work but... How are you going to go about mounting front BUIS?
    Yes I dimpled it - I just wasn't sure if all set screw gas blocks were speced the same. I would have to sell the Troy gas block sight off and buy just a regular Troy front and mount it to whichever replacement tube I choose.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hammer_Man View Post
    Yep, it will as long as it fits your barrel. Do you have info about the diameter of your UGB (under gas block) area of the barrel?
    It's .936" all the way as far as I know.. straight bull barrel with no profiling!

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaBoy View Post
    I think you would be really happy with the Seekins handguard. I have been considering one myself. Those I have seen appear to be of excellent quality.
    I think it's beautiful... I was going to wait on the Geissele Mk4 and considered a Noveske NSR for awhile there, but that Seekins in 15" looks to be exactly what I'm looking for...

Quote Originally Posted by bossman3 View Post
    WOW man that is beautiful....How do you like that Aero lower? Im tempted to get one to match my upper. I have a Delaware lower now.
    Thanks bossman! The Aero lower is nice! I had it built up (the first time) in a few minutes and the tolerances were perfect. A great lower... Heck, I like it better than the lower on my Sig M400.
    Last edited by Shao; 02-07-13 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Yes I dimpled it - I just wasn't sure if all set screw gas blocks were speced the same. I would have to sell the Troy gas block sight off and buy just a regular Troy front and mount it to whichever replacement tube I choose.
    Not all probably but at the very least, your rear set screw will line up. With that in mind, i'd probably get a better block. Ive never used the linked DPMS block or any of their steel ones for that matter but their QC gives me the creeps. That plus the fact that if it were mine, i'd pin the final block too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast