Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Torque Wrench?

Feedback Score

Good Torque Wrench?

I'm happy with the borka kit as well.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had the wheeler kit (FAT wrench, lapping tools, level, level, level) and stupidly sold it. Just ordered it again. The FAT wrench is great and has my vote.

Feedback Score
    I've use the Wheeler's FAT wrench on several scope projects, receiver screws, etc. It did everything I needed it to do without issue.
    Last edited by arizona98tj; 02-09-13 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I've used both the Borka and the Wheeler for mounting scopes and tightening action screws etc. If I had to pick one I'd keep the Borka. The Wheeler is serviceable but inexpensively made. I have my doubts that it will keep its precision over time and not loosen up or wear out. I'm also uncomfortable with the way it adjusts and the repeatability of the adjustments. How do I know the torque value isn't drifting? With the Borka you use the present positions machined into a stainless steel bar. There's no way for those to drift and the spring in the Borka seems less likely to wear out. It's just such a simple tool I don't see much that can go out of whack. Has anyone actually tested a Wheeler or Borka over time to determine if either one drifts compared to a calibrated torque wrench?
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 02-09-13 at 10:16.

Feedback Score
    In order for me to be motivated to test that... it would have to matter.

... and it doesn't.

I can repeat zero using nothing but my fingers and a screw driver. So if it drifts, it won't drift far enough from the last time you used it for it to matter.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12