Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Considering a 1911 for EDC.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Greg, why do you think 1911s are safer? Because of the safety or because of the hammer?
    I think they are safer to train with. A lot of ND's happen furring holstering. Some material from your shirt or jacket can get caught in the trigger guard. A non issue with a 1911 with the safety on.

Also a 1911's safety locks the slide in battery so you don't have to worry about that either.
    All of this is just advice. You go out and do whatever the f&<€ you want to do.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Socom Elite View Post
    I think they are safer to train with. A lot of ND's happen furring holstering. Some material from your shirt or jacket can get caught in the trigger guard. A non issue with a 1911 with the safety on.

Also a 1911's safety locks the slide in battery so you don't have to worry about that either.
    I can partially agree with that. 1911s will be safer in that regard, but that doesn't make a Glock dangerous.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    The more I shoot anything else, the more I like my 1911s. While I occasionally carry something else, I always come back to a 1911. Nothing else comes close.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    ...but that doesn't make a Glock dangerous.
    Well if I am going to carry a gun, I want it to be dangerous.
    FUNDAMENTALS: A crutch for the talentless

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This kind of goes without saying but whatever you carry, make sure you are very comfortable with the gun AND holster you choose, (a lot of draws, dry and live) and like most people reccomend, I would put at least 500-1k rnds through it before you trust it to carry.

Far to many people end up at the range training with OWB's and dropleg Safariland's when they carry IWB every day. That being said, weather and attire dictate what I carry, but most of the time its a 5' Les Baer custom carry in a MS SS. I'm 5-7 150lb and dont walk aroung wearing cargo vest cover garments so it can be done.

Whatever I carry, it's ALWAYS in the same place.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

To each his own I guess

I've been trying polymers for about 8 years now and I like them enough to carry and shoot a few hundred rounds a year with each of them but not enough to dissuade me from the 1911 platform. It's all about what I'm comfortable with carrying and shooting. I can draw fast enough with the 1911. I can shoot at 30 ft and closer with relative accuracy with a 1911(B27's 9's). I can comfortably carry a 1911 all day with concealment. I shoot the 1911 more accurate than I can any other polymers from G19,G26,G27,G23,G30,G21,and even the M&P Shield 9mm. Reliability with 1911's is a big factor in going to polymer pistols in the first place. Round count is also a big issue for some. They are not a big factor for me. I do know that after carrying for the past 23 years, I have MY confidence in the 1911.

Feedback Score
    I carry a full size 1911, Colt Combat Elite. Key to carrying a full size comfortably and securely is a good holster and belt. I use the Milt Sparks VMII. I also have one for my CCO.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112