Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: -1 dseduce (bought barrel Dec 20th, it didn't show up)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

-1 dseduce (bought barrel Dec 20th, it didn't show up)

Never done one of these before so bear with me. And as of right now, i really don't want to put a claim into his wifes paypal and get her all tangled up on this.

full disclosure: since i didn't have any sort of name behind dseduce, i did have his wife's name via the paypal account and contacted her on FB to see if her husband can contact me regarding this matter. i feel bad for her since she didn't really have anything to do with it.

I bought this via his wifes paypal: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=119163

This is how it arrived:

There was a note inside regarding the contents being lost in transit due to improper packaging. His wife shipped it out. why ship a barrel in an envelope is beyond me.

Got into contact with him as soon as it arrived Dec 24th.

Me:
    "Hey bud,
    Just wanted to let you know that I got an envelope from you. Was this the original package you sent the barrel in? We're you the one to tape up the sides to give it more strength?"

dseduce:
    "I had my wife ship it out for me so I didnt see the setup...she said everything was done by one of the post office empllyees. Was everything ok and all there?

Me:
    "There's no barrel if that's what you're asking. Can one even fit in that envelope? To me it looks like the barrel made a hole in the middle of the envelope and a post office guy taped it up and reinforced it. Then it made another hole on the side. Ill have to swing by my local post office to see if they deliver opened packages."

dseduce:
    "Can you call? 951******"

Me:
    "Yeah. Give me a couple."
    "Hey brother. Won't be able to call till after dinner time here. Already have have family waking through the door and need to help the wife out for our Xmas dinner.

Not mad or anything. Kinda a wierd move by post office to deliver something with no contents. Let me know the latest I can call you my local time in VA"

dseduce:
    "Thats what I dont understand either...I wrapped the barrel up in plastic, the gas block and gas tube were installed there were no sharp ends to cut through an envelope and it could not of just fallen out. It had to have been taken by a post office employee"

***NOW DEC 25, 2012***

dseduce:
    "Got a hold of my local post office, im going to file a claim on wed. Is there a weight on the package? Like 2 pounds or whatever...because if they delivered that withought the barrel and it says the weight they are liable.They aren't supposed to deliver damaged packages with missing parts. If you can check around your local post office that would be awesome. It was wrapped in yellow plastic, maybe someone has seen it."

..... fast forward to Jan 2nd

dseduce:
    "Yeah I went to the pkst office today where it was shipped, they said the same thing. The manager is going to help me tomorrow. Ive got a couple of pics we are sending there along with a close up pictures of the marking on the barrel he is going to help send in. The gasblock/tube were loosely mounted with an A2 on the front...wrapped in a bunch of thick yellow plastic followed by black 100mph tape to secure the plastic."

me:
    "Cool deal. Just keep me updated. "

*** NOW his next and last email was Jan 12th ***

dseduce:
    "Glad you emailed me, my inbox auto deleted all my messages and I lost your sddress. We may be in luck, got a call at around closing time from my post office saying the item i described i made a lost and found claim on may have beem found and to verify with a picture on monday. Ill head in there first thing."

Me:
    "Sounds good. Thanks for the update. I use to have a hotmail account where some messages went to spam for no reason so i figured the email i sent a couple days ago went there. one of the main reasons why i switched to gmail.

thanks again"

Me (jan 24): "updates?!"

Me (jan 27): "hey bud, any updates to this yet? ..."

Me (feb 3): "dude. it's been almost a month! what's the deal? i haven't heard back from you in quite some time"
    Last edited by C45P312; 02-07-13 at 16:56.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    He has a +1 Positive on Jan 5 for good communication..... I hate when people won't respond or answer emails or phone calls.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    He has a +1 Positive on Jan 5 for good communication..... I hate when people won't respond or answer emails or phone calls.
    I saw that too. The guy is in the military so i've been giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    I saw that too. The guy is in the military so i've been giving him the benefit of the doubt.
    I was about to say his location being Anchorage he may be USCG or Mil and be on a FTX or something. Good luck! hopefully you will have resolve the issue soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steyrman13 View Post
    I was about to say his location being Anchorage he may be USCG or Mil and be on a FTX or something. Good luck! hopefully you will have resolve the issue soon.
    He's online now.

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Just saw that, AND he is veiwing/replying to this thread....
    Last edited by steyrman13; 02-07-13 at 18:30. Reason: added replying

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hotmail account crashed first off all bro, first time I have heard from you is when you messaged the link of this thread to my gmail account. Don't appreciate the wife messaging man, especially finding her on facebook and adding her. She's creeped the **** out. Still working with the post office on my "pending lost and found inquiry". If you feel the need to file a claim with pay pal go for it. Do what you think you need to do...but as of now im still working with usps which is saying there is a "good chance" of recovering it. Even though it is probably on some delivery guys illegal sbr right now.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Unless the above account posted by the OP is incorrect, you're the one who is at fault. How long was he supposed to wait before posting something or trying to contact someone?

You knew that there was an issue and in fact you were logged into M4C as of 05 FEB 2013 and left him hanging. I suggest that you rectify the situation and work with him.

Quote Originally Posted by dseduce View Post
    Hotmail account crashed first off all bro, first time I have heard from you is when you messaged the link of this thread to my gmail account. Don't appreciate the wife messaging man, especially finding her on facebook and adding her. She's creeped the **** out. Still working with the post office on my "pending lost and found inquiry". If you feel the need to file a claim with pay pal go for it. Do what you think you need to do...but as of now im still working with usps which is saying there is a "good chance" of recovering it. Even though it is probably on some delivery guys illegal sbr right now.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score

Re: -1 dseduce (bought barrel Dec 20th, it didn't show up)

Hotmail crash? What is this 1995?
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

"I don't think so" - Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    First off, thanks for the update.

Secondly, I only resorted to contacting her after you went off the grid for 4 weeks. you knew of the situation and yet you don't think to update me? You still have my $265 so i really didn't know what to do when tried several avenues of communication. contacting her was my last result before making a negative feedback thread.

Thirdly, im not mad and i know this happens. I'm just frustrated with the lack of communication especially when someone left positive feedback for you with "good communication". I felt that you were blowing me off especially after 4 weeks.

This exact thing is actually happening to me but im out for more money (Case of 9mm) If you don't believe me, here's the tracking number: http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/t...1X390353077902

What I'm pissed about with my situation is that I insured it for what I paid for it, $300. But now $300 won't get me a case of 9mm. So dude, trust me, i get it.

Fourthly, I'm willing to work with you to make this right. I rather not tarnish you name any further that it has already. If made right, i will had a mod delete this thread. If you are in the military, im willing to take half on the 15th and the rest of the 1st or we could spread it between 3 pay checks. But thats my limit. My dad is retired Navy so i can definitely give you that benefit.

please advise so we could get on with our lives and put this to rest.

V/R
    Carlo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast