Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: -1 dseduce (bought barrel Dec 20th, it didn't show up)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C45P312 View Post
    So, i thought all was going well. We were communicating back and forth via text message till now.

last known contact is March 18th via text message and now seems to be off the grid. I think i've been more than accommodating since I sent payment over 3 months ago.
    He needs to pay up, this guys a tool. This is a big reason why I don't deal with new members. It's his responsibility to get you the product.

Funds should have been returned after 1 week tops. I'd contact his wife and let her know you'll be getting her acct locked if not resolved in 48 hrs.
    Last edited by forgiven; 04-08-13 at 01:30.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Chain of command will be the quickest way to resolution.

Feedback Score
    18 (85%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    Chain of command will be the quickest way to resolution.
    this.

sucks bro, but OP has been more than patient on the matter.

good luck to both sides.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Any update?

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Just some USPS info to add. In my thirty years delivering mail, empty or torn apart packages were not uncommon. It is obvious the thin paper envelope was unlikely to withstand the tearing force of a pointed barrel pushing against the walls. No honest postal claims reviewer is going to allow this one. And a heavy metal object loose will stay at the bottom of a sorting pile while the envelope progresses up the line. Once the two become separated one could be on the plane while the other is in an office hundreds of miles away. Pure luck finding it unless an address is attached to the barrel itself.

Occam's Razor does not point to employee theft. The penalties for theft of mail are severe enough that it is rare. (Most offices. I won't vouch for Chicago.) Usually junkies or fools going for small easy loot like cash showing thru an envelope or credit card applications. Not something as non-convertable or hard to pocket as a gun barrel. Although I must admit we had a guy fired for walking off with a large case of toilet paper. Sheesh, "So whaddya in for?"

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Just some USPS info to add. In my thirty years delivering mail, empty or torn apart packages were not uncommon. It is obvious the thin paper envelope was unlikely to withstand the tearing force of a pointed barrel pushing against the walls. No honest postal claims reviewer is going to allow this one. And a heavy metal object loose will stay at the bottom of a sorting pile while the envelope progresses up the line. Once the two become separated one could be on the plane while the other is in an office hundreds of miles away. Pure luck finding it unless an address is attached to the barrel itself.

Occam's Razor does not point to employee theft. The penalties for theft of mail are severe enough that it is rare. (Most offices. I won't vouch for Chicago.) Usually junkies or fools going for small easy loot like cash showing thru an envelope or credit card applications. Not something as non-convertable or hard to pocket as a gun barrel. Although I must admit we had a guy fired for walking off with a large case of toilet paper. Sheesh, "So whaddya in for?"
    Thanks for the info and I totally agree. I don't see USPS reimbursing me if there was insurance on it since I think it had inadequate shipping supplies. I also doubt that someone stole it. I merely think it was lost in transit.

As far as an update, dseduce is MIA. No response to texts and emails. I merely just wrote this off in my book. Sucks, but next time I'll be more careful.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)

-1 dseduce (bought barrel Dec 20th, it didn't show up)

PM me his name. If he's military in Anchorage, I'll contact his CoC or have my old CSM walk over there personally.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123