Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Budget" Patrol Rifle Build

Feedback Score

Re: "Budget" Patrol Rifle Build

[QUOTE=Koshinn;1541319]
    Quote Originally Posted by Litpipe View Post

I was issued a matech and while mine never malfunctioned, many others with slightly more used sights had theirs pop up accidentally all the time.

You know a 300 yd zero roughly equates to a 25 yd zero, right? So a 300m sight is still effective at regular LEO engagement ranges. And the matech has an elevation lever for different ranges... Which is another reason I dislike it. It makes the sight taller when closed and can get adjusted accidentally if the weapon is worn/slung often because it's on the left.
    Yeah I understand tbe 25yd zero...but I thought the matech started at a setting of 100yds. But I guess if you wanted to use it you could set it to 100yds and zero it at that setting.
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

"I don't think so" - Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My advice for those running the Matech rear sight, move it forward a notch or two if you run nose to charging handle and wear expensive eyepro. I have one on my work rifle and ruined a couple of pair of eyepro on the folded Matech rear site during our transition to the M4 from the AUG-P.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Yeah I understand tbe 25yd zero...but I thought the matech started at a setting of 100yds. But I guess if you wanted to use it you could set it to 100yds and zero it at that setting.
    We always set it to 300 and zero'd it there.

But even a 100m zero is a great zero for short ranged shooting.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 02-09-13 at 14:04.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score

[QUOTE=Litpipe;1541321]
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post

Check.
    "Seriously?" -SWATcop556

"I don't think so" - Iraqgunz

Feedback Score

Plastic Sights

[QUOTE=Koshinn;1541319]

I was issued a matech and while mine never malfunctioned, many others with slightly more used sights had theirs pop up accidentally all the time.

You know a 300 yd zero roughly equates to a 25 yd zero, right? So a 300m sight is still effective at regular LEO engagement ranges. And the matech has an elevation lever for different ranges... Which is another reason I dislike it. It makes the sight taller when closed and can get adjusted accidentally if the weapon is worn/slung often because it's on the left.

Ash, if you want, I'll mail your friend a black mbus gen2 for free if he'll use it. That's how strongly I dislike the match and how much I like the mbus.
    Plastic wears and someone who would use plastic sights on a serious wepon might not have any qualms on useing AIR SOFT parts, and might be going for cheep cool factor. Wounder how many Shit guns with cheep plastic and air soft parts have been sold during this crazyness to unsuspecting hard working people that dont know you can build an AR with POP GUN PARTS NOTE I'm not saying all plastic parts are crap, but all kids toys are plastic. Packing
    Last edited by Packing a 45; 02-27-13 at 18:54. Reason: Missing words

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Packing a 45 View Post

Plastic wears and someone who would use plastic sights on a serious wepon might not have any qualms on useing AIR SOFT parts, and might be going for cheep cool factor. Wounder how many Shit guns with cheep plastic and air soft parts have been sold during this crazyness to unsuspecting hard working people that dont know you can build an AR with POP GUN PARTS NOTE I'm not saying all plastic parts are crap, but all kids toys are plastic. Packing
    MBUS are a far cry from an airsoft part.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by .46caliber; 02-27-13 at 22:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice second post.

What do you think about pmags? Do you know of any non-plastic pistol grips? How about stocks?

Why are these parts ok if plastic, but sights are not ok if plastic? Especially since you use those other parts all the time and in the case of pmags, drop them on concrete every so often, but backup sights are just that, backups. If everything goes half-decent, you'll never need to deploy your backup sights. I can guarantee the vast majority of shooters, from civilians to competitors to military, are never forced to use their backup sights if they have a decent primary optic.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 02-27-13 at 22:14.

Feedback Score
    Nice second post.

What do you think about pmags? Do you know of any non-plastic pistol grips? How about stocks?

Why are these parts ok if plastic, but sights are not ok if plastic? Especially since you use those other parts all the time and in the case of pmags, drop them on concrete every so often, but backup sights are just that, backups. If everything goes half-decent, you'll never need to deploy your backup sights. I can guarantee the vast majority of shooters, from civilians to competitors to military, are never forced to use their backup sights if they have a decent primary optic.
    This ^^

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I recommend reading a lot more, and furthering your education before trying to espouse the pitfalls of polymer products around here.
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 02-27-13 at 22:31.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I suggest you check it. Then do some research and educate yourself on polymers and plastics.

[QUOTE=Packing a 45;1564288]

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast