Thread: My Frankenrifle(s)

Feedback Score

My Frankenrifle(s)

Frankenrifle build: PSA lower and build kit.
    Spike's Tactical Battle Trigger,
    RRA ergo grip,
    Magpul ASAP.
    DelTon upper, BCG, charging handle.
    Daniel Defense CHF, CL M4 16" barrel,
    Troy lowpro gasblock,
    Smith Vortex Flash hider (works great)
    Midwest Industries 15in Gen 2 SS Free Float Tube,
    ARMS backup sights (hated the Magpul sights, and won the ARMS sights and sling)
    Aimpoint PRO,
    Crimson Trace IR Laser (so that I don't have to gunmount the NV if I don't want to)
    Now that Noveske has a 16.7 inch FF tube, I'm drooling over it, and may very well ditch the MI tube.

ENVIS Gen 3 NV monocular.

The "custom" NV helmet mount consists of an ADM PVS 14 QD mount, a piece of riser, and an angle brace from Lowes.
    The ENVIS M703E doesn't line up the same as a PVS 14 with a Rhino mount, so I had to get creative. With the ADM mount, I can also throw the NV onto the rifle behind my Aimpoint PRO if I want.

I got tired of aiming at everything I wanted to see at night, so I built the helmet mount.

Originally I had a complete Spike's M4 upper on the rifle, and after that, a Delton Middy Hbar a friend gave me. But I kept shooting barrels out with my slidefire stock, so I put that onto the 22lr build, and bought a couple of New in box DD M4 barrels.

Rebarreled the Spike's upper, and the DT, and sold the Spike's (dumbass move on my part) prior to the panic, to help fund the LaRue Stealth upper for my current build.

Slidefire Dedicated 22lr Build, runs 100%
    PSA Lower and LPK, trigger replaced with Jard 1.5 pound adjustable trigger group.
    CMMG Dedicated 22lr upper, cut down the front sight assembly to allow use of optics. One of these days I'll put one back on.
    Freebie Bushnell 3-9x scope
    BDM 1st gen mags and drums. Haven't had any problems, and bought a bunch more mags, when they were on sale for $10 each last year.
    My DMPS LR308 is in the background

And yes, my gun room is pink, lol.

I put a 13.8 inch Troy TRX 308 rail onto the DMPS AP4 LR308. It's still a heavy bastard, but easily a 1MOA rifle. I had a GripPod lying around from my Army days, so I threw it on.
    Jard 3lb trigger.
    Vortex ViperHS 2.5-10x scope with Burris PEPR mount.
    I plan to get some 45 degree sights for it. I do like that it uses Pmags.
    I'd wanted a Midwest Industries 15 inch 308 tube, but they still haven't been released, so I got the Troy for now.
    Not really a custom build though...

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Words like Delton, DPMS, GripPod and last but not least...Slidefire scare the hell out of members on this site...
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

My Frankenrifle(s)

Wow nice barrel
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    LOL... figured I might get flamed. Oh well.

I'll admit, getting rid of the Spike's upper was a dumbass move. Such is life.

I'm waiting for my LaRue to ship. At which point, this will just be a plinker.

Feedback Score
    just an FYI, you can buy night vision mounts on ebay for that helmet that you have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GI_Jared View Post
    just an FYI, you can buy night vision mounts on ebay for that helmet that you have.
    Not that will line up properly with an ENVIS. For a pvs 14, sure.

And I already have a Rhino mount and J-arm.