Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Noob settings for HD on AR

Feedback Score
    I have to say, that the only real advantages RDS has for me are awkward positions, and low light. Otherwise, I shoot well with irons. I usually dedicate about half my carbine shooting to iron sights. (KAC micros.)
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    This thread has made me think of a lot of things when it comes to using RDS or irons. The training I have done has been primarily with an aimpoint micro. Now I am thinking I might set one of my rifles up with irons only for a while and using it for a bit. I am proficient with irons, but probably not as well off as I could be. I'll leave my HD gun as is since it is what I train with the most and practice irons with another.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I used irons for just about 8 years in the Corps (ACOGs were just coming in when I got out). I'm a firm believer in RDS with BUIS or a variable power low magnification scope.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
    This thread has made me think of a lot of things when it comes to using RDS or irons. The training I have done has been primarily with an aimpoint micro. Now I am thinking I might set one of my rifles up with irons only for a while and using it for a bit. I am proficient with irons, but probably not as well off as I could be. I'll leave my HD gun as is since it is what I train with the most and practice irons with another.
    Why don't you just turn the optic off?

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Honestly, just didn't think about that at the time. As well as, I wouldn't mind getting more rounds through my other rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    Why don't you just turn the optic off?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Noob settings for HD on AR

The benefit of shooting irons through your optic is that it's a slightly different sight picture and is how you'll likely use them should you actually need them.

They should be zeroed through your red dot for the same reason....

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Completely understand that. I should have been more clear in my other post. I have shot with my irons through my RDS, just really don't use them that much. As well they are zeroed through the RDS.

I guess the goal is to just get more proficient with the irons and see if I prefer shooting with irons or RDS. Not saying I am giving up the RDS and there are 100's of what ifs that can be brought up over using them and not using them. I think it becomes personal preference at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    The benefit of shooting irons through your optic is that it's a slightly different sight picture and is how you'll likely use them should you actually need them.

They should be zeroed through your red dot for the same reason....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic1 View Post
    I am going to be shooting some drills on monday, with both irons and red dots, FA as well as SA, so should have videos up by Monday night, tuesday Afternoon.
    Posted the vids here:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...13#post1553213
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910