Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shotgun stocks and length of pull

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy_Bear View Post
    I can't recommend highly enough the KNOXX stock. It's adjustable, like you are asking about and it does an absolutely unbelievable job and reducing recoil and allowing faster follow-on shots. It also comes for both the mossy and the 870.

I know I'm new to this particular site, and may appear as a N00b, but please take a minute to investigate Knoxx. You'll be glad you did.

+100 I put one on my Mossy 835 and it really tames 3 1/2"!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I seem to remember a way of determining optimum shotgun LOP based measuring from the inside of the elbow when bent 90 degrees out to... maybe the inside of the trigger-finger bent as if on a trigger?

Something like that...

Thats traditional, for choosing the LOP of a sporting longarm. I like fighting shotguns to be shorter.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Several years ago they were working on a Sully short stock for shotguns but I don't guess it ever panned out.

I forgot about it after a while and then a couple months ago e mailed them to ask if it ever went into production but they didn't even bother to respond to my inquiry.

I just cut down the existing stock on my 870 and reshaped the shoulder pad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Thanks for the input guys.

For the stock itself, I’m torn between having Speedfeed stock trimmed down two or three inches per Skintop’s idea or getting a Knoxx Spec Ops
    -B
    I would highly recommend you look at Mesa Tactical's
    Telescoping stocks and the enidine recoil system they offer along with their other accessories. A side by side comparison of the Mesa stock and the Knoxx stock can be seen Here. You will be hard pressed to find a better telescoping stock for a shotgun than the Mesa one IMO.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    One thing about pistol gripped stocks and Mossbergs is they're definetly not user friendly towards the safety that is positioned on top of the receiver.

Feedback Score
    I'm pleased with the Speedfeed youth stock I bought from Brownell's. It has no provision for spare shells, and that's OK with me.

IIRC, Clint Smith shows a way of checking LOP fit on his Shotgun VHS tape. When griping the hand grip on your stock, place the butt in the crook of you elbow joint. You should have room to place the knife blade edge of your hand between the butt/recoil pad and your upper arm.

John
    Good shooting!

Feedback Score
    +1 on the Knoxx Spec Ops stock.

Ever since I installed one on my Mossberg 590A1, it's been alot more fun to shoot. It handles the recoil of magnum rounds and makes shooting them for extended periods of time enjoyable. Easy to install and the adjustment is "common" to my AR. If you're considering a sling for it, my two point adjustable Viking Tactics sling is mounted on mine with the only replacement being the mag tube cap.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Several years ago they were working on a Sully short stock for shotguns but I don't guess it ever panned out.

I forgot about it after a while and then a couple months ago e mailed them to ask if it ever went into production but they didn't even bother to respond to my inquiry.

I just cut down the existing stock on my 870 and reshaped the shoulder pad.
    We do have the Sully Shotgun Stock. These are machined and at the moment we are using that CNC to manufacture SLR15 lower receivers. The Sully Shotgun Stocks will go into production after we free up the machine, which could be awhile.
    CY6
    Greg Sullivan "Sully"
    SLR15 Rifles

Feedback Score
    I had the Bantum stock on mine for awhile and I hated it. every time I fired it I got a cheek full of my thumb knuckle. Theres nothing worse than punching yourself. I replaced it with an ATI overfolder.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking for a short(er) stock for a Winchester SX2 Practical. They're easy to find for most pump guns or for Remington or Benelli self-loaders, but I can't find anything for the Win SX2P.

Any ideas?

Or am I going to have to have the stock shortened? Anyone know anyone who has done that on a Win SX2P?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12