Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any tomahawk users here?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Any tomahawk users here?

What is it about a tomahawk that coaxed you into buying one?.....and did you go with a high-end hawk or a low-end hawk....tactical or utilitarian?

Here's my 2 Hawks War Beast shortly after buying it a couple years ago, it doesn't look this nice now. (excuse the Serpa POS, it's since been replaced with a Safariland rig...as has the 1911 Frankengun with a DW Valor):

Maker of: "The TALON" Pocket Video Camera Mount.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like tomahawks, have one myself and as far as a fighting tool I think they are very neat. That said the fact that they are hard to carry and with most sheaths a pain in the ass to deploy quickly compared to a knife tends to reduce it as far as a fighting tool in many minds.

I personally have a SOG Fast Hawk that a friend gave me for christmas a year back. He bought one for himself as well. We then took and stippled the handles and painted them, he went tan and brown, I went OD green and Brown. I like it a lot, will invest in a higher end one down the road I am sure, really like the Emerson hawk I have handled that a friend of mine has.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a cheap tomahawk in my gear bag. My co workers were rolling their eyes when they saw it. I had a crash where the driver died of a massive heart attack while driving and the vehicle went into the creek. Well, if it wasn't for the tomahawk, we wouldn't have been able to get the body out of the creek. It's a very useful tool.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    On a lighter note: At camp, instead of throwing horseshoes we throw tomahawks. Very entertaining after several rounds of beers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice war beast, I've been thinking about getting one myself. That is after i get my Winkler combat axe and Sayoc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Any tomahawk users here?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank207 View Post
    On a lighter note: At camp, instead of throwing horseshoes we throw tomahawks. Very entertaining after several rounds of beers.
    Best post ever. Thanks for braving the on coming safety nazis.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank207 View Post
    LOL, brings back memories? When I was a kid we used to throw roofing hatchets at a tree . We were imitating Walt Disney's Davey Crocket show.
    Great fun--Until my buddy took two turns in a row. His little brother got pissed, and decided it was fair game to hit him with the hatchet; he threw the hatchet and hit his brother in the back as he ran off, just bruised him.
    Of course we all ran, hid, and watched as his mom came out in the yard with a belt and whipped the dickens out of both of them, just for being stupid. And we never played that game at their house again. Growing up in the 1960s was great.

I think of that day every time I see a " tactical tomahawk"

Have fun,
    RFA
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 02-13-13 at 20:58.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Yep, I'm a hawk user.

Circa 20006

a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will use a the ol' T-hawk in a wilderness setting on occasion. Have yet to bag anything with it (always have gun close by). As far as type, I guess its "Traditional"..I got it from the local blacksmith, I might have to get him to bang me out a tacti-cool one.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've always wanted one and have been seriously looking at them for the past 6 months or so. I've always been into martial weapons of all types and from all over the world(swords, polearms, axes) and time(ancient, medieval, all the way up to modern).

Something about the Tomahawk in particular always drew me to it though, possibly(and probably), because it's truely an "American", martial weapon. Yes there have been one handed axes in the past but something about that sleek wood and wicked metal blade just calls to me.

Been looking at the Ft. Turner http://www.fortturner.com/store/index.htm 'hawks but somehow I never saw these ones. I'm liking that Warbeast now thanks for more options lol.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast