Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any tomahawk users here?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    Both, IF they both in the center I'll grab both and he'll be sol
    Let's pretend for argument's sake that you can only grab one.

Just think - a modular tactical spear - composite body with threaded end. You could attach a spearhead, a rescue hook, an inspection/lookout mirror, a taser tip even... TACTICAL SPEAR FTW!!!
    Last edited by Shao; 02-15-13 at 23:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Let's pretend for argument's sake that you can only grab one.

Just think - a modular tactical spear - composite body with threaded end. You could attach a spearhead, a rescue hook, an inspection/lookout mirror, a taser tip even... TACTICAL SPEAR FTW!!!
    Lets not forget a tactical bacon dispenser, tactical bendy straw attachment for covertly sneaking sips of people's drinks, tactical sharpie for writing on stuff out of reach, and tactical Chuck Norris attachment to roundhouse kick your opponents. It'll need to be wrapped in 550 cord and have rails to attach lights, lasers, scopes and other accessories. Oh and the tactical fleshlight aatachment for when things calm down. I keed I keed.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post
    Lets not forget a tactical bacon dispenser, tactical bendy straw attachment for covertly sneaking sips of people's drinks, tactical sharpie for writing on stuff out of reach, and tactical Chuck Norris attachment to roundhouse kick your opponents. It'll need to be wrapped in 550 cord and have rails to attach lights, lasers, scopes and other accessories. Oh and the tactical fleshlight aatachment for when things calm down. I keed I keed.
    Don't forget it should be hollow, as to double as a blowgun!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Ehhh.. I was a kid... It ruined me for life...
    I hated Broccoli when I was a kid....I grew into liking it....don't ask me how, I just did....I guess I was willing to give it another chance.

The first problem you had was throwing your tomahawk, would you really give up your only weapon in a real fight? Throwing a tomahawk or knife looks good on the silver screen but in real life it's awful way to defend yourself....giving up your weapon to your attacker can't be the best move to make in a life or death fight.

Throwing a tomahawk (or knife) is RECREATION, and nothing more...and to throw a tomahawk correctly you need to be about 10 feet away for a single rotation and about 21 feet away for 2 rotations. That may vary slightly depending on your throwing style and the hawk.

In a real life situation I'd want my attacker to fight through my weapon to get to me and not attacking me with it after my poor deployment.....but that's just me.
    Maker of: "The TALON" Pocket Video Camera Mount.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzilla View Post
    The first problem you had was throwing your tomahawk, would you really give up your only weapon in a real fight? Throwing a tomahawk or knife looks good on the silver screen but in real life it's awful way to defend yourself....giving up your weapon to your attacker can't be the best move to make in a life or death fight.

Throwing a tomahawk (or knife) is RECREATION, and nothing more...and to throw a tomahawk correctly you need to be about 10 feet away for a single rotation and about 21 feet away for 2 rotations. That may vary slightly depending on your throwing style and the hawk.

In a real life situation I'd want my attacker to fight through my weapon to get to me and not attacking me with it after my poor deployment.....but that's just me.
    Exactly.
    Good judgment comes from experience. And experience… well, that comes from poor judgment.

Feedback Score
    last year I bought my first tomahawk, a ATC VTAC, and with no military or LE experience, I will admit it was honestly to see what the "hype" was all about. I enjoy this little tool a much more than I thought I would... punching holes on the old cars that are in the ditch at my farm, "breaching" old shed doors , and other silly things LOL. it has impressed me, imo it is a well made tool.

maybe it wasn't a practical purchase, but since when does that matter anyway?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Lee D; 02-20-13 at 16:07.
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

Col. Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a cheapy cold steel frontier hawk. Makes short work of smaller limbs, does what I wanted it to do, and can be used for a good variety of tasks. Take it off the handle and it becomes a skinning knife, wrap it sideways and it becomes a plainer, can also be used as a wedge, and can make any length handle I feel is need for the task in the field, or as a replacement. And it was cheap. Cheap enough Im not worried about it being abused

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Any tomahawk users here?

Just got a cheap throwing hawk from Crazy Crows. Should be fun to learn to throw and make new handles for.

Feedback Score
    I got one in my pack in my truck. Never know when I may need to break glass, cut through drywall. puncture a tire or just crack a head. ii will do whatever it takes to get home.
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGTMAJ View Post
    I got one in my pack in my truck. Never know when I may need to break glass, cut through drywall. puncture a tire or just crack a head. ii will do whatever it takes to get home.
    same here,keep one in the truck

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast