Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General complaint.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)

General complaint.

I do not like the attitude the mods have in closing threads, and even saying people are 'slack jawed douche bags'. If mods need to close a thread, and do so because people are acting out line, I would like to see a more professional response.

Just a suggestion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I understand that iron sharpens iron around here but I have to say that some of the rudeness on this site, in general, is overdone and not always necessary.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    I do not like the attitude the mods have in closing threads, and even saying people are 'slack jawed douche bags'. If mods need to close a thread, and do so because people are acting out line, I would like to see a more professional response.

Just a suggestion.
    Butt Hurt?
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Butt Hurt?

I have no problem dishing out what is deserved but I don't like a double standard where forum staff are closing threads with such comments, and as I said to who banned me it smacks of elistism. I have over 8000 posts on this site, and never talked to anyone like that here.

Do you think moderators should set the example? I do.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Regardless of the issues...

No good will come of this thread.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Regardless of the issues...

No good will come of this thread.

Do you think this is a professional response?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    NVM....
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 02-13-13 at 01:15.

Feedback Score
    It will probably fall on deaf ears, but I have to agree in this instance.

We all should act like adults. Unfortunately, even the mods slip up. That doesn't make it right however, and makes this site appear juvenile. Mod participation amplifies that effect. Close the thread. Ban people. Save the commentary.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No one person gets it right 100% of the time, especially on the Internet. Just because your screen name is red doesn't mean you are infallible. However we have a problem on this site. It's a small problem but left uncared for it will fester. We have a huge influx of new members. We also are facing heavy new legislation against the 2A. What it has done is divide our community. We have members who feel that LE is the strong arm jack booted thugs of the gov lining up to take your guns away. Then we have others that feel that any mention of LE in a negative light is anti LE. Those two groups then meet up in GD and all hell breaks loose.

My email is full of reported post every day from both camps and frankly it's tiresome. It's the same members reporting the same members then when a mod steps in we are biased an unfair. Who wins? No one.

If you don't like how the site is run by the mods speak to staff. If you don't like the staffs response start your own site. The Internet is a big place. There's plenty of room.

I would be delighted if GD was nuked completely as it serves up 98% of the bullshit here. The above quote doesn't single out any specific member as being a slack jawed douche bag. It singles out the behavior that has become the norm around here and frankly there are too many problem threads to monitor. Instead of trying to sanitize the thread we just close it and wait for the next person to shit the bed.

Bottom line we are all on the same side. We live our way of life and we feel it is severely threatened. Instead of fighting amongst ourselves how about we try to remain positive and fight the good fight. You don't like cops that's fine but keep that shit to yourself. M4C has always been pro LE and will continue to be so.

We use to have more SME participation here than on any other site. You see them posting less and less. Wonder why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBob View Post
    Close the thread.....Save the commentary.
    And if we do we get PMs asking us to justify closing the threads. It just saves time and I can just delete the PM. But we can do that too if you think it'll work. Past experience says otherwise though.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Not sure who is filling your guy's inbox but it ain't me. As I've said recently I don't take things personally here but it's become obvious others do.

Aside from the topic of this thread are libertarian views allowed here? The message I got from my timeout was half focused towards the mod being tired of my views.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast