Thread: HELP! Critical Need for 5.56 Agency Purchase

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

HELP! Critical Need for 5.56 Agency Purchase

Guys, I could use some help. A small agency near me is critically short on duty grade 5.56 ammo. So short that I'll be donating from my personal stash until they can find some.

Any help finding 1,000 rounds of duty grade ammo (not particular) that they could get on a Purchase Order at non-gouge pricing would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe I'm out of the loop but what's "duty grade"?
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    Maybe I'm out of the loop but what's "duty grade"?
    In this case, any quality ammunition that's manufactured in the U.S. Obviously something like IMI M-855 or even Privi would do as well. Preference would be M-855 over M-193, but in this market, I don't think they'd be too picky. Like I said, even I was alarmed when told how little thay have on hand. I don't give out of my own supply lightly!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do they have a Dicks Sporting Goods anywhere near them?

Most Dicks have been receiving 5 to 10 cases per store of Federal imported IMI M-193 on a weekly basis at a price of $8.99 per 20 rounds and from past information they have offered L/E's a little bit of a discount on their purchases.

But I would think they would rather have a controlled expanding barrier blind soft point for use as a duty round but finding that in stock at any LE dealer would be a tough.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    Do they have a Dicks Sporting Goods anywhere near them?

Most Dicks have been receiving 5 to 10 cases per store of Federal imported IMI M-193 on a weekly basis at a price of $8.99 per 20 rounds and from past information they have offered L/E's a little bit of a discount on their purchases.

But I would think they would rather have a controlled expanding barrier blind soft point for use as a duty round but finding that in stock at any LE dealer would be a tough.
    Thanks for the tip! They would love to have barrier blind ammo, but any ammo is better than nearly no ammo at all. They can always use it for quals once they get better stuff in stock. Even my agency may have to put requals on hold till they get more.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Check with GT's I purchased some of this last week. They are only selling to LE currently to help depts. acquire what they need during this shortage/panic.

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....=HORNADY-83XXX

Edit to add: They don't price gouge either!
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 02-13-13 at 17:04.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Check with GT's I purchased some of this last week. They are only selling to LE currently to help depts. acquire what they need during this shortage/panic.

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....=HORNADY-83XXX

Edit to add: They don't price gouge either!
    Checked GT first thing. They're out of stock at the moment, but I'll be pinging them every morning.

Keep the ideas coming guys and thank you!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have them call manufacturers and speak to their gov/LE purchasing folks. Many have contingencies in place to help folks with legitimate, urgent need for product.

Any LE firearms or ammo custodian should check your arms rooms to ensure that you are stocked no less than one year out at any given time.
    Last edited by ST911; 02-13-13 at 17:27.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    ammoman.com has a bunch of TAP available.