Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger New Vaquero 45LC/45ACP Convertible

Feedback Score

Ruger New Vaquero 45LC/45ACP Convertible

In response to the ammo shortage, I decided to get something I've wanted for a long time- a single action pistol. I went with the Ruger New Vaquero for its modern internals with the traditional Peacemaker look.

The coolest thing about the model I got is that it came with matched 45LC and 45ACP cylinders. Both shoot great out of this fantastic pistol.

Best of all, SA pistols are ready-made for shooting wax bullets. I can shoot in my backyard for 5-6 cents per shot whenever I want, and not worry about disturbing the neighbors or leading up my property.

If you're trying to figure out how to navigate the current ammo shortage, pistols like these will give you a lot of options. I am already shopping for its buddy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71tTqANqKHM

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I used to have a Blackhawk .357/9mm Convertible with a 6.5" bbl and it is one of only 2 guns that I have ever gotten rid of that I regret selling.

I used to have a pair of stainless .45 convertible Vaqueros special editions from Davidson's. I liked the Blackhawk better but both were fun.

Feedback Score
    I have the New Vaquero Sheriffs Model in .44 Special. You are right, and it is a dandy single action. I'd like one of the special run (for Lipseys,I believe) of the 5 1/2" Bisley Blackhawk, also in .44 Special.
    I really like the new smaller frames.

Skip

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I want a 45 acp and 45 colt Ruger convertable but they don't make that option with the finish and grip I like. I like the 3 inch (not sure actual length) Talo models.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    I don't have a Ruger, but I love my Freedom Arms M83 Premier Grade .454 that I had a .45ACP cylinder made for.

Either gun is a great concept for a maximum versatility field pistol for anything from plinking or target shooting with wax bullets, or other powder puff loads; all the way up to big heavy bullets moving along fast enough to flatten just about any game animal in North America.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I don't have a Ruger, but I love my Freedom Arms M83 Premier Grade .454 that I had a .45ACP cylinder made for.

Either gun is a great concept for a maximum versatility field pistol for anything from plinking or target shooting with wax bullets, or other powder puff loads; all the way up to big heavy bullets moving along fast enough to flatten just about any game animal in North America.
    You are so right, Coal Dragger. That M83 is a work of art, and the set-up you have would be hard to even match, let alone surpass, in versatility.

Skip

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger New Vaquero 45LC/45ACP Convertible

I've been thinking the same way, given the current environment. Just ordered a pair of new vaqueros myself. Cost me less than the price of a complete lower on gunbroker. ;-)
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Can the vaquero handle the hot 45 colt loads? Or only the blackhawk?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainN8 View Post
    Can the vaquero handle the hot 45 colt loads? Or only the blackhawk?
    My understanding is the new Vaquero's are on a smaller frame and can not handle hot loads. I had an older Vaquero and it was fine with hot loads but it had a Blackhawk frame.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    My understanding is the new Vaquero's are on a smaller frame and can not handle hot loads. I had an older Vaquero and it was fine with hot loads but it had a Blackhawk frame.
    Pat
    That's right. The old Vaquero was too heavy to be appealing to many, so they gave up a bit of strength in order to lighten up the New Vaquero. I got mine for plinking, fast draw, CAS stuff... Hot loads aren't a requirement of anything I plan to do with it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast