Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C/Vickers Tactical AAR

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

M4C/Vickers Tactical AAR

This weekend, there was a private M4C/Vickers Tactical 3 day pistol/carbine/low light class in South Hill, VA. There were about 18 shooters in the class with the majority of them being the mods and staff.

Mr. Vickers pulled out some new drills that many of us have never seen before (thank you very much). He also made us do a lot of offhand shooting. This took a good many shooters out of their comfort zone to say the least! This is of course a good thing.

A special mention and thanks goes out to Drake of Magpul. He managed to steal away one of the first protoypes Masada's! We all got to shoot it and everyone thought that it was simply fantastic! I know that we are all looking forward to it coming out.
    Drake is also a very good shooter (a rare thing in the manufacturer world).

I would also like to recommend to people going to a shooting school in South Hill, to check out the Three Angels Inn. The owners are simply fantastic & food was top notch to say the least. http://www.threeangelsinn.com/

For gear, I ran my S&W M&P 9mm and a custom built Noveske 10.5 with a SF 556K can. This setup has always proven to be reliable for me and this weekend was no different.
    I fired over 600rds of Hornady 55gr TAP Practice (steel cased) through my carbine without a single malfunction. This is good, reliable ammo.

Ok enough with the chatter, onto the pics!

C4

Masada in case

Drake sportin Multicam luv

Hawkeye and Drake running drills

Carbine drills

LAV tellin everybody to "Simma Down Now"

Poser LAV's unworn BFG sling label

LAV's famous walk back drill

Fallujah Drill
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-11-08 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That sling pic is priceless.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That sling pic is priceless.
    I looked at just about every BFG Vickers sling label in the class. None were worn. I guess they must have all bought them new right before the class.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a great class.

I wish I could have been there.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The mods/staff aren't fat enough.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    If I was there my extra ballast would have made up for that....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

AVAST YE MATEE... AAARGH!!! IM A PIRATE!!!
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    What is the fallujah drill?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    TD1 - hell on wheels with the ball and dummy drills in the pouring rain. Followed by more rain, and more pistol drills. I practice weak hand pistol a fair amount, but it's always eye-opening under simulated stress, and a LAV par time. Nothing earth shattering here especially after attending LAV's 1911 Operator's course.

TD2 - Weak side shooting, weak side shooting, and weak side shooting. I found a new place on the range where it's not so warm and cozy. If you don't practice this dark corner of the toolbox often, LAV's offhand drills feel like a hammer on your shin.

TD3 - Fallujah drill killed the finish on my M4-2000.... Apparently, head shots on Haji targets from 25yds while applying covering fire for my team was too much for the finish to bear.

Notes:

** Shooting a class with a can doesn't cripple a quality gun. DrDrake and I ran the whole class with AAC cans. Others with cans for large portions of the class: C4iGrant, TacticalShooter, and gotm4.
    ** Vickers sling is GTG after I learned how to use it from Larry.
    ** PMAG's are GTG, even in the shit.
    ** High density concrete benches double as a perfect finishing tool for a single early PMAG that was tight in my Colt lower. 10 seconds later, perfection.
    ** Slip2000 is bad if the temps drop below 32 degrees. Water based lube gets thick, and is doubly worse with a can adding carbon to the thick lube.
    ** Weak hand practice with carbine is a must. It makes strong hand shooting seem easier.
    ** Apparently the adjunct instructor from Blackwater can shoot some...mark5pt56 wins both the pistol and carbine walkback drills...
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 03-11-08 at 14:28.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Don't know about that. During the "Fallujah Drill" two of the mods complained that I was much heavier than I appeared (while they were dragging me across the range). Then they dropped me.

C4

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast