http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/...nger%20WBD.jpg

Is that an HK upper?

Very slick setup.

It is an HK.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Or just a sign of the times... ammo too expensive to shoot more and most of us just "recreational shooters"...

Rmpl
    The sling comment is kind of an inside joke.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thanks Grant for putting on this event, LAV for a tremendous class and Paul and David for all of their organizing efforts.

Like the old song says, sometimes you don't always get what you want, but you get what you need. Running the carbine portion of the class weak hand was great thinking on LAV's part. Who thought we'd be running a walkback drill in high wind shooting weak hand and scoring good hits!?

Great group of shooters, hardly any whining or sniveling, very safe and good attitudes. All guns zeroed and issue free, for the most part. Also a great showing from our LEO buddies - I learned a lot from Buck and Mark.

Here's a pic of the crowd response after LAV did his grizzly impersonation:

I figured it was about time that I actually use an AR in one of LAV's classes. Not to worry, I brought an AK-74M clone with me and I put it to good use during the Fallujah Drill:

Nice to meet you all and shoot with you all!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That's the first time in a while that I've got out. I was thoroughly impressed with What Larry put out. Usually the saying goes that "if you only pick up one thing" from a class, it was worth it. Well, I got more than one.

I really enjoying meeting everyone and seeing different gear/weapon ideas. From my background and experience, I was impressed with everyone's enthusiasm, interest and proficiency with arms.

Of course, I will forever known as the Hebrew Hammer!

Yeah, to bad you missed the part where Larry had his arms up and was snarling! My lower is a Grizzly and Larry got a kick out of the logo.

For those of you who can make it to one of Larry's classes, I strongly recommend it!

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Hey, cool! You can see distinctly where Grant the human plow went through.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Hey, cool! You can see distinctly where Grant the human plow went through.
    That was funny, he had mud in everything!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess I shouldn't have peeled the label off of my Victory sling, eh? Or maybe because it's the "economy" version of the Vickers sling, peeling the label off is a design feature.

Economy is in quotes because I don't see much of a downside to the Victory series. Good kit.

It was refreshing to hear a manufacturer would be at a class (heard it before) and then have them actually show up (never seen that before). To have prototypes out for people to finger and shoot, and to see them shot in the class, was nothing short of amazing. Kudos to Magpul for doing it right. And Drake is a good guy, I don't care what Paul says.

Paul the Pirate was one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a class. I'm glad you were willing to challenge yourself and try out something you clearly had not done before. Shooting weak handed/weak eyed is a valuable tool and as you saw on the walkback drill, you can get hits at distance that way. I'm sure once you train your eyes to do what you want, you'll be able to do it without the eyepatch. But it won't be as funny.

EOTech 511s are not the boringly reliable bit of kit my Aimpoint has been. The batteries don't like heat, cold, being stored for a long time...or maybe they just don't like me. Regardless, thanks to Grant for hooking me up with the batteries I needed to get the optic up and running again after my brain fart.

The BFG Victory sling is a great bit of kit. Retaining all the functionality of the original at just over half the price, there's no good reason not to get one. Since it's only available in black, mine will get hit with some spray paint eventually.

I was in love with the Warren rear on my M&P, but that's over now. The rear notch is simply too big for me for precision shooting at a distance. It will be replaced by a Bowie shortly.

The M&P ran great despite all the lube being washed off in the rain Friday afternoon (which upped the trigger pull by about a pound). The texturing on the frontstrap and backstrap (done by me) proved worthwhile in the rain. I was impressed that the magazines kept functioning well despite repeated drops in the mud on Friday. The witness holes seem to allow a lot into the mag body, but not enough to get them to choke. Regardless, I think I'd like to see those witness holes closed up some.

Some interesting gear choices shown by the mods and staff of M4Carbine. I'm just glad they let a sappy pine knot like me hang around and say dumb stuff every now and then.

Thanks to Grant and Larry for another great class.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I had a GREAT time. Great class and I definitely came away with some new things to practice/try.

And what can I say....being tall and gravity dont work well together at times....especially when trying to quickly move a somewhat awkward gravitationally compliant.....object.
    You're lucky nobody had to drag a rear-end my size across the range....

Feedback Score

Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast