Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lube your reloading machines & give 'em a hug

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    I'll probably upgrade to a progressive at some point, but the LNL Classic is working fine for now. The only problem I have had is that the ram seems to get dry after a few thousand strokes. I have Mobil 1 on hand, I'll try that.

Thanks guys.
    The little needle oiler bottles from Brownells work very well with the Mobil One used for my progressive and single stage rams. A Q-Tip around the bottom of the shaft works for cleaning off the excess. I lube fairly often - like anytime it appears to not be wet.

With reference to the main shaft (ram) - both my Dillon manuals (1050 & 650) specifically state DO NOT use penetrating oil such as WD-40 or Breakfree (again, 30 wt motor oil is recommended). All other lube points on the 1050 (there are 14) call for wheel bearing grease - the 650 is less specific.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I use bearing grease on the pivots once a year and either CLP or 10W oil on the main shaft, depending how dirty it is when I start a new session.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Lube your reloading machines & give 'em a hug

Grease is grease. All I have is tb25 LOL. I lube the ram shaft and and the advance paws often.

Hornady off course wants you to use their One Shoot on powder measures and stuff.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use anti-seize on the areas of my Dillon RL550 that do not touch powder or primers.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use a general tube grease from the hardware store. The zerk fittings on the LNL AP make it easy. Fill 'er up and if there's too much just wipe down the grease ring. Otherwise the press will bind up from the fluid pressure. I believe there's around 10-15k actuation counts on my press. The priming system is what's shitting the bed already. Gonna move to a Dillon next.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 02-15-13 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I use a general tube grease from the hardware store. The zerk fittings on the LNL AP make it easy. Fill 'er up and if there's too much just wipe down the grease ring. Otherwise the press will bind up from the fluid pressure. I believe there's around 10-15k actuation counts on my press. The priming system is what's shitting the bed already. Gonna move to a Dillon next.
    What's wrong with the priming system?
    Maybe we can help figure it out?
    Mine primes like a champ.

Feedback Score
    Snake,

None recently, but in the past when I called Hornady about repair parts for an old Hornady-Pacific shot-shell reloader, they did me good. IIRC, my parts even came in at no charge. I suspect you can get you LNL priming system back to par easy enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12