Thread: HSP Inforce WML mounted at 12 o'clock (PICS)

Feedback Score

HSP Inforce WML mounted at 12 o'clock (PICS)

I just got this in today, so I mounted it up in various positions to see what I preferred. I thought I'd take some photos in case anyone was interested in how the light works in this position.

The 9 o'clock position on the rail was too far to move my thumb from its spot on the top, so I put the light on at 12 o'clock, relocated the front sight back a few inches, and it seems to be a good fit.

The irons also clear the top of the light. The only downside seems to be that the light intrudes into your sight picture when using an Aimpoint CompM4, but I don't think this will affect me much, since it occupies about as much space as a permanent iron sight would anyhow.

The light is blisteringly bright at 200 lumens. The switch is angled very well and resistant enough that you can rest your thumb on it if you like, but you have to deliberately press it to activate it. Still, I'd rather just leave my thumb on the rail. The button is momentary only, with no silly power levels to worry about.
    Another interesting feature is the lockout bar that you can raise to prevent any NDs with the light. This is a good option for travel, as well since you don't need to worry about unscrewing the bezel or removing batteries anymore.

http://www.haleystrategic.com/store/inforce_wml_hsp.php
    Last edited by 1911-A1; 02-14-13 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    I tried to like the 12 oclock but didn't due to some of the things you mentioned.

For me the HSP thorntail mounted to a 9 oclock rail was perfect. Puts the light at 11 and lets you move the buis back up to the front of the rail and isnt in my sight picture (T1).

You are right though. Very bright and the pressure pad is very intuitive.

Enjoy

Harold

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Love to see a pic of the Inforce WML on a HSP Thorntail mounted on the 9 rail in the 11 position on a carbine with a standard FSB...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love my WML. I shoulda bought it with the HSP mount though because I've got mine at the 9 right now and having it turned just a tad more would make it perfect. I love the switch on the thing though. It exceeded my expectations.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Not exactly what you are looking for. I hope this helps a little and gives you an idea what the mount does for positioning relative to the rail piece at 9 oclock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Love to see a pic of the Inforce WML on a HSP Thorntail mounted on the 9 rail in the 11 position on a carbine with a standard FSB...

Rmpl

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    last one