Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newest addition to my growing....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I had thought about buying one of those to replace my 25 year old Model 60. What kind of holster are you using for concealed carry?
    I don't have a holster for it yet. Still researching options for carry. Right now it slides very nicely into one of the pockets of my Scottevest Expedition.

I took both of these to the range today and both shot very well. It was bitterly cold so I could only take an hour or so......

The Model 60 was great with 38's, my medium .357 hand loads but got to be a bit of a handful with Hornady XTP .357 personal defense rounds. But the difference told me I need to up the anti a bit on my hand loads.

The Mountain Gun was a blast, literally! I shot my full house magnum reloads in it and lets just say after a cylinder in 10 degree weather my hand needed a break.

I shot some .357 Mag's out of my 6" Model 27 and as usual it was buttery smooth and soaked up the recoil like nothing.

I took my refinished Model 10 Bud's Victoria police trade-in as well and shot 38 specials through it.....Nice, nice nice shooting pistol. It has a bull barrel and was pleasant to shoot and very accurate.

All in all it was a great range trip, except for the cold. It was too cold for me to take the time to setup my Chronograph so I just plinked away from 15 yards. The two new guys are definitely keepers.

You will find your Mountain Gun to be very entertaining with full power loads.
    Yes, I did and it was a hoot. My buddy shot a cylinder's worth and all he could say was "Now that is some whoop"!
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-17-13 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    I have it, it's a 2.625" barrel and yes, it's a hand full!
    Do you mean 1.625"?

But regardless, man its such a sexy looking gun. I think thats more why I want it because it just looks bad ass just sitting there. I think it will make, for me, a good backpacking gun and a good compliment to the 45/70 lever gun(another AWESOME gun for reloading BTW).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had thought about buying one of those to replace my 25 year old Model 60. What kind of holster are you using for concealed carry?
    I picked up this Desantis holster from S&W.....It isn't easy to find a decent 3" J-frame holster so I just went with this one from them directly.

Last edited by HKGuns; 02-26-13 at 21:20.

Feedback Score

Model 29-2 circa mid 1970's, got it for full retail at the time: $202.50, Oh it's an 8 & 3/8ths inch by the way, and it has hunted Africa in it's day.
    Last edited by 308sako; 03-25-13 at 22:23. Reason: add barrel length

Feedback Score
    I had one of those Mountain Guns and it was punishing to shoot a lot at the range. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of selling it.

I'm on the look out for another to replace it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123