Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newest addition to my growing....

Feedback Score
    I have an early version of the same gun. Have you shot yours yet?
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
    I have an early version of the same gun. Have you shot yours yet?
    Tomorrow.

Picked this one up today because I just had to have it.

[3" S&W Pro Series .357 Magnum Model 60]

Last edited by HKGuns; 02-16-13 at 13:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive been lusting over the 629 Performance Center with the 2"(1-5/8's really I think it is) barrel with the non fluted cylinder. That gun is just sexy. Although I dont think I would ever shoot hot loads out of due to the short ass barrel. But like you said 44mag is a wonderful caliber to reload. 240g cast lead can do anything from some light trailboss loads that are fun at the range up to some H110 or Lil Gun full house loads.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    rjacobs,

The longer barreled models shoot extremely well with the heavy magnum loads. I have no experience with a 2 inch barrel, but I can imagine it would be a bit of a handful.

Last edited by HKGuns; 02-17-13 at 07:51.

Feedback Score
    Nice PIC. "Hk" That's a nice handy protector you got there.(Mountain)....... I'd love to get one in the unbeatable .41 mag. (but a .44 would do.)
    Last edited by COZ ZINZKI; 02-17-13 at 07:18.
    Amateur Shooter... Professional Accumulator // Don't do anything Stupid; Don't let Stupid do anything to You.
    TAKE YOUR TIME......... IN A HURRY.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    rjacobs,

The longer barreled models shoot extremely well with the heavy magnum loads. I have no experience with a 2 inch barrel, but I can imagine it would be a bit of a handful.
    Ive got a 6" 29-2 from 1976 that is in cherry condition so I dont shoot it much and when I do it gets pretty light trail boss loads through it(I think 6g under a 200 SWC).

That is the main reason I want a new one so I can shoot it and not worry about dinging it up to much or anything. Cabela's had some of those mountain guns when I was there the other day, but I couldnt part with 900 bucks for one when I think I can order them for like 700 or so.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post

Picked this one up today because I just had to have it.

[3" S&W Pro Series .357 Magnum Model 60]

I had thought about buying one of those to replace my 25 year old Model 60. What kind of holster are you using for concealed carry?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Ive been lusting over the 629 Performance Center with the 2"(1-5/8's really I think it is) barrel with the non fluted cylinder. That gun is just sexy. Although I dont think I would ever shoot hot loads out of due to the short ass barrel. But like you said 44mag is a wonderful caliber to reload. 240g cast lead can do anything from some light trailboss loads that are fun at the range up to some H110 or Lil Gun full house loads.
    I have it, it's a 2.625" barrel and yes, it's a hand full!

Feedback Score
    You will find your Mountain Gun to be very entertaining with full power loads.

Mines a laugh a minute...
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    When I was shooting bowling pins, I used a cast 300gr bullet over 6.0gr WW231. Almost no recoil to speak of in my Redhawk and it really whacked the pins. As this is a fairly light load, do not use a jacketed bullet because of the off chance of having a core/jacket separation in the barrel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast