Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeans with holes in them

Feedback Score

Jeans with holes in them

Why, is it that when you go to a store now adays, they sell jeans with holes in them. I mean holes placed intentionally in the jeans before sale. I was at the mall today and saw a pair like that. They were sold at some obscene price like $40. Forget that, I'll go to Wal-Mart and buy an inexpensive clean, hole-free pair for less than half that.

TBone
    Jukebox Hero with stars in his eyes

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Foolish, just go to the thrift store and buy them. Better yet, buy a new pair and do some freaking work and make your own holes!

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    only $40? I've seen some at Nordstroms for close to $200 with holes in 'em already...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    only $40? I've seen some at Nordstroms for close to $200 with holes in 'em already...
    I'm pretty sure I've never been in a store that sells $200 jeans.

Feedback Score
    I have unfortunately. Just yesterday I went to buy some new cargo shorts and all the ones at old navy (hey it's cheap k?) had holes in 'em too. WTF?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Don't act like this is something new. They did this stupid stuff 15-20 years ago too. That led to the whole acid/stone/whatever washed fad which was pretty much the same deal (new jeans that look used) but with no holes.

The only thing dumber than this are "pre-worn" hats. I can understand a hat with a properly shaped brim, but selling it with worn and frayed edges? Lame lame lame.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You were at the mall???

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    On one hand, it is retarded posing. On the other hand, it's brilliant capitalism -- what better way to profit more, than by getting you consumer to want to pay double, for a product that's already on it's last legs? GM wouldn't be in the hole if we were all clamoring for to pay $30k for a Cavalier w/ 250k miles on the odometer.

I bet it's a conspiracy by the same people who artifically "age" their ARs. Hopefully the feds will find their training warehouse and bust them.
    --Josh H.

Dport Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    Don't act like this is something new. They did this stupid stuff 15-20 years ago too. That led to the whole acid/stone/whatever washed fad which was pretty much the same deal (new jeans that look used) but with no holes.

The only thing dumber than this are "pre-worn" hats. I can understand a hat with a properly shaped brim, but selling it with worn and frayed edges? Lame lame lame.
    I remember walking into the mall 15 years ago and seeing jeans for sale with holes in them. It seemed to be a natural progression of the stone washed idea.

The funny thing is I still buy pre-faded jeans. After wearing denim dungaree prison uniforms, aka Navy uniforms, I have no desire to wear unfaded jeans.

I totally agree with a pre-worn hat. Looks like total crap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    I have unfortunately. Just yesterday I went to buy some new cargo shorts and all the ones at old navy (hey it's cheap k?) had holes in 'em too. WTF?
    As far as GAP stores go: Old Navy is the top of the line, then Banana Republic, then GAP. I would think it would cheaper to shop the GAP then.

I prefer to wear holes into mine over time. I usually shop at Kohls or Old Navy or Walmart if I need a pair of cheap jeans. I don't know about y'alls stores but everytime I've been into a GAP it seemed kiddy and had crap music and full of prepubescent teens.
    -Razoreye

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast