Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post need approval by a moderator...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Post need approval by a moderator...

Hello,

Today I tried to post and after hitting 'Submit' it told me my post would have to be approved by a moderator before appearing in the thread. What gives? I posted again in the same thread with no problems.

This is the second time it has happened to me. The first time was in a thread talking about other message boards and that thread came to be deleted (understandably) so I never got to see if my post actually made it or not.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 02-19-13 at 18:15.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's a hiccup.

Some others were noting the same thing, some weeks ago, but it's not something being intentionally implemented.

If it happens again, capture the screen-shot and let us know about it.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I recall correctly, it was people who were posting a list of email addresses (a lot of them) for people to send letters to.

It may be forum software taking a double check. I know the forum software I used to use did that to keep spammers at bay.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I get that message whenever I post a pic. I have to write a message first, then edit in my pic. A little annoying but at least it's not just me.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Okay thanks. I had a feeling it was some kind of censorship and that if I went around it and posted my message anyways that I would be in some kInd of violation. I'll screenshot it next time.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It happened again, in the same thread, go figure. I tried to post, and it took me to this screen. It redirected before I could get a screenshot, so I tried to post again in the same thread, and got a screenshot as requested:

Last edited by El Pistolero; 02-20-13 at 15:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    happen to me once in GD but I thought it was just the amount of traffic that day i have not had it happen since

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm usually content to wait these things out but it keeps happening over and over.

Might it be associated with posts including email addresses? Think I may see a pattern, but may also be coincidence.
    Last edited by Safetyhit; 02-21-13 at 16:55.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    It happened again, in the same thread, go figure. I tried to post, and it took me to this screen. It redirected before I could get a screenshot, so I tried to post again in the same thread, and got a screenshot as requested:

FYI...Got the same thing today...1st time I've ever seen this.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It has to do with an anti-spam filter in the site software. I am manually approving them.

I don't know what trips it, but it is probably some sort of character count when a link, or multiple links, are detected.

However, sometimes a link is not present, but the IP address from which a person is posting must be on some sort of "no fly" list.
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast