Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable Cargo Pants

Feedback Score

Comfortable Cargo Pants

I want to get a pair of cargo pants. Never had a pair before. I don’t live anywhere I can look at any that I like, so I’m doing research online. I searched, and found one 4 year old thread with about 4 posts in it, so I’m starting a new one. I’d like something a little looser fitting in the crotch area than regular Levi jeans. Below are the ones I have bookmarked.

BlackHawk Lightweight Tactical Pants Synthetic These look nice, but no photos or descriptions of what the back pockets look like. They do mention that there is a zippered back pocket for a wallet, but it does not say which side the pocket is on, or if it is on both sides. Anyone familiar with these pants know?

Atlanta Army Navy Tactical Response pants. These look ok, but I can’t get info on size. They just say small, medium, large, and so on. No idea what that means. Anyone know?

Cabela's Legendary 7-Pocket Hiker Pants. Not sure I like the front cargo pockets. They look awful small.

Cabela's Unlined Trailhiker II Pants. Any experience with these?

I’ve looked at .511 pants, but just don’t like the pocket layout. Any other good brands out there worth looking at? From the ones I’ve listed, it looks like I can keep the price under $50. I’m not paying more for something I can’t try on before buying.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Vertx pants.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Vertx pants.
    Yes. I love the pair that I just got and really want to get one or two more. Awesome pants and not overly tactical but still lots of features.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Re: Comfortable Cargo Pants

Another vote Vertx.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Crye Precision Field AC pants. Sand and Ranger green are good colors. Great fit and extremely durable. http://cryeprecision.com/Item_Detail...Field-Pants-Ac

oops I didnt see the $50 cutoff...
    Last edited by jknopp44; 02-21-13 at 00:49. Reason: poor reading comprehension. =)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: Comfortable Cargo Pants

Hit up a surplus store and try acu pants. I think they're comfortable and useful, except as camo.

Eta: I've never actually worn acu pants. I've worn issued non-Crye multicam pants for months and I've been told they're "acu cut" so I'm assuming acu pants are just as comfortable.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 02-21-13 at 00:54.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score

Comfortable Cargo Pants

Another one for Vertx. I have a bunch of 5.11 pants and a couple of LA Police Gear pants and Vertx is the most comfortable and it is well made.

I want to try the Crye Precision AC pants, but those are pricey. I really like the ability to add the knee pads into the pants. I have Arteryx kneecaps and they are good, but the straps can rub.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Vertx

I love my Vertx. I've been very happy with them. You've got to wash then a few times so they don't attract everything. Very comfortable!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Vertx pants.
    Yup, the only way to go.

I do however dislike their lightweight version. They have no stretch and breath worse than the standard.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I like the Arc'teryx Rampart pants. REI usually has them in-stock.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast