Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable Cargo Pants

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)

sizing or vertex

To the previous posters that use the Vertex pants.

How are the sizing on these? Do they run small at all?

Reason I ask, I just bought a pair of Propper pants and I wear a 34-36 waist. They were labled a 36 and fit like a pair of 32's.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Vertx pants.
    +1mil

Vertx pants are the win.

Make sure you find a place near you to try them on as the sizing is VERY weird sometimes, they are on their 2nd Gen pants now (I believe, might be 3rd gen) and you have to make sure you are buying the right pants for the right season.

I have 2x Phantom pants (green and khaki) and a Phantom LT pant (khaki) that I bought from their black friday sale (woot 40% off) and the LT pant is way too light to be worn in anything under 60 degrees outside.

Also if you want a pant to wear around that is not too "tacticool" but just right, check out Kuhl (http://www.rei.com/brand/Kuhl), very durable pants (plus if you buy from REI they will honor a good return policy if you mess them up doing tacticool stuff).

edit; Vertx now sells Kryptek pants - http://www.wearvertx.com/VertxMensKryptekPant.aspx - I might pick up a pair if they have another sale, but they are pretty cool.
    Last edited by Voodoo_Man; 02-21-13 at 06:41. Reason: add info

Feedback Score

Comfortable Cargo Pants

I say Vertex. They feel great, are light weight, don't look over the top, and stand up to wear well.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    To the previous posters that use the Vertex pants.

How are the sizing on these? Do they run small at all?

Reason I ask, I just bought a pair of Propper pants and I wear a 34-36 waist. They were labled a 36 and fit like a pair of 32's.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm 6' and about 195lbs right now. I usually wear 32-34 waist. The Vertx pants are best for me at 34" waist and 32" long.

ETA - I just ordered another pair.
    Last edited by Wake27; 02-21-13 at 07:26.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just getchu some banana republics or some such.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Re: Comfortable Cargo Pants

In my opinion the most comfortable pants as well as the most durable ones are made by Arborwear.

I know they are not tacticool and are made for tree monkeys, but the tree monkeys got it right.
    Last edited by bfayer; 02-21-13 at 07:14.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I didn't have a good experience trying to find Vertx that fit me. I'm about 32" waist but have "squatters" lower body, so I couldn't find any that fit BOTH waist and legs. Then again, this was a year or two ago and their sizing may have changed.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Is anybody aware of a major outlet that handles the Vertex pants? I have a Scheels, Gander Mountain, and Bass Pro somewhat near me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The vertx look like more than I want to spend. Anyone ever use the side pocket of cargo pants to carry a single stack in a pocket holster?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I didn't have a good experience trying to find Vertx that fit me. I'm about 32" waist but have "squatters" lower body, so I couldn't find any that fit BOTH waist and legs. Then again, this was a year or two ago and their sizing may have changed.
    They have a wide range of waist/inseam combinations. I always have a hard time finding pants that fit my quads that aren't too loose in the waist. Were they too tight in the quads or what? Mine have fit great.
    Full-time LEO

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast