Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Comfortable Cargo Pants

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    They have a wide range of waist/inseam combinations. I always have a hard time finding pants that fit my quads that aren't too loose in the waist. Were they too tight in the quads or what? Mine have fit great.
    Well it's kind of the problem that I always run into with pants. If it fits the waist, then it's too tight in the legs. If it fits the legs, then it's usually too loose in the waist. With Vertx specifically, I tried on 2-3 different sizes and got frustrated with the fit and left (I'm not the most patient shopper). IIRC, they were way too tight in the thigh area for the waist size that I needed...but again, this was a year or so ago and the sizing may be different now. I did like the material of the pants...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    another vote for vertx - they're some of the most functional pants i have and closer to your price range. (the vertx pants is what the arc'teryx LEAF talos pant should have been based on, IMHO. the talos fit is lacking).

i also like TAD gear's force 10s, but they're out of your price range.
    the crye field pants have a lower rise and less room in the crotch, so i don't recommend them if you want more room. they're also great pants if you're okay with the lower rise, but also out of your price range.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The Vertx pants always made me look like I was wearing a diaper for some reason. My booty didnt like the Vertx cut.
    "The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Feedback Score

Rail Riders

http://www.railriders.com/

The Versatac come in ultra light, light, and mid weights. Fast drying, durable, has mag pockets inside the cargo pockets, cargo pockets have openings on the top for AR, AK, cell phone whatever. Great pant.
    http://www.railriders.com/men-versat...?cPath=104_110
    In Florida this past summer I wore the above. Cool comfortable and held up to multiple 3 day classes.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    http://www.railriders.com/

The Versatac come in ultra light, light, and mid weights. Fast drying, durable, has mag pockets inside the cargo pockets, cargo pockets have openings on the top for AR, AK, cell phone whatever. Great pant.
    http://www.railriders.com/men-versat...?cPath=104_110
    In Florida this past summer I wore the above. Cool comfortable and held up to multiple 3 day classes.
    Those RailRiders look nice. A little pricey, though.

How is the fit? Do they run loose through the thigh?
    How big are the cargo pockets? Are they as big as BDU/ACU cargo pockets?
    Also, what application are you using each weight of pant for? Just wondering which would be most versatile?
    Last edited by Ironman8; 02-21-13 at 10:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Those RailRiders look nice. A little pricey, though.

How is the fit? Do they run loose through the thigh?
    How big are the cargo pockets? Are they as big as BDU/ACU cargo pockets?
    Also, what application are you using each weight of pant for? Just wondering which would be most versatile?
    I wear the XL (Work) and XXL (for CCW carry). They have a relaxed fit. The Cargo pockets are 6x8. Mid weights are comparable to 5.11's and I wear them for work. Lightweights I used in the Keys on a warrant when it was crazy hot and humid. Very breathable and kept the "boys" cool.
    There is a pro site where they sell them for 50% off. You have to register and get approved. https://pro.railriders.com/login.php...pkmkr539d7r220

Feedback Score
    Thank you for all the excellent feedback. I looked at everything mentioned in this thread, but since so many voted Vertx and no one had anything at all to say about the pants I mentioned in my OP, and the Vertx seemed nicer or as nice as all others mentioned in this thread, and even tho the price was a tad bit over the top end of what I wanted to pay, I just went ahead and ordered a pair of Vertx. Also, if you go to YouTube and type Vertx in the search you will find several excellent reviews on the pants.
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    They have a coupon code, if you search on here there's a thread about it.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    I wear the XL (Work) and XXL (for CCW carry). They have a relaxed fit. The Cargo pockets are 6x8. Mid weights are comparable to 5.11's and I wear them for work. Lightweights I used in the Keys on a warrant when it was crazy hot and humid. Very breathable and kept the "boys" cool.
    There is a pro site where they sell them for 50% off. You have to register and get approved. https://pro.railriders.com/login.php...pkmkr539d7r220
    Thanks Apricot.

With the different weights, I was thinking Mid for hunting or other cold weather activity and Light for hiking or shooting classes in summer.

I couldn't seem to pull up anything on that pro site, but it doesn't sound like that one will even apply to me since I'm not "in the industry"...sucks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Comfortable Cargo Pants

3GN2013 is the code. I just ordered 4 pair and saved almost $90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    They have a coupon code, if you search on here there's a thread about it.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast